Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 20 Announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
See the official announcement here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/archicad-20-a-fresh-look-at-bim.html

There are already a few clips that show what is new:

http://archicad.com/en/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
165 REPLIES 165
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne:

You do indeed have the last word,

sincerely,

Don
Anonymous
Not applicable
gpowless wrote:
With the direct import & conversion of all Sketchup models into ARCHICAD 20 there is no need for manufacturers to supply objects for ARCHICAD format anymore.
yes.
whilst I use the models in sketchup objects for 3d concepts,
You can't specify those objects, as 99% are not produced from a manufacturer.
This is what BIM is great for.

I had a meeting with a general supplier rep recently, managing several large brands and different products, she had never seen Archicad, or a 3D model!

After showing what we (using archicad) can show a client with a bimx model, I basically told her that we can help manufactures sell more and specify their products, providing they all pull their fingers out and start producing objects.
TMA_80
Enthusiast
I don't have any comment on the 20th version , but here is something that could perfectly fit into the building world and into the productivity "small" features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MaXWqMz2P8
( Note that this feature is already present in Revit since...a long time )
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
alemanda
Advocate
Great tool ... hopefully will be implemented in the next versions ... really a time saver for such as "real world" design activities ...
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
TMA_80 wrote:
I don't have any comment to the 20th version , but here is something that could perfectly fit into the building world and into the productivity "small" features:
( Note that is already present in Revit since...a long time )
Looks very nice. I am doing this with lots of roofs on top of a slab at the moment, followed by covering it up with a fill in plan view, because contractors/clients keep getting confused by seeing all the actual gradient connections and such.

Could also try it with a mesh, but that won't have the different layers like composite have.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin wrote:
Could also try it with a mesh, but that won't have the different layers like composite have.
You can get there pretty quickly with the mesh to roof goodie using a composite roof, although some cleanup may be required due to the triangulations.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Richard wrote:
Erwin wrote:
You can get there pretty quickly with the mesh to roof goodie using a composite roof, although some cleanup may be required due to the triangulations.
Good tip, but the gradients generally are pretty easy to model with single plane roofs (CTRL + click edge to get mitred joints between them). I merge these with horizontal roof / slab and it looks fine.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
TMA_80 wrote:
I don't have any comment to the 20th version , but here is something that could perfectly fit into the building world and into the productivity "small" features:
( Note that is already present in Revit since...a long time )
I've never understood why, this many versions in, we've never had such a tool which wouldn't just be important for Roof drains but even Floor drains which we have to show on our plans as standard, and which have be reflected on Section drawings as well, where they appear.

Yes, there are work-arounds (such as the ones mentioned here), but as with most work-arounds in ArchiCAD, they tend not to be intelligent (i.e. automatically update with the slab in terms of height or thickness, nor have any intelligence or information (bIm) associated to them (drain type, slope, etc) that's likewise parametric and automatically updates with the slab AND can be scheduled bimetrically.

In fact, a good question begged is why slabs in general don't host a great deal more items like walls do doors and windows and niches.
Items like lights and lamps, vent and A/C openings, ceiling tiles and coverings, Floor finishes, and possibly even railings and edge treatments (like cornices, profiled edges and flashings,).

A lot of the time now we have to do these things manually and Heaven help you if you have to update a multi-storey building with lots of floor/roof slab attachments and objects.
So much time wasted.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Also sloping drives and paths are far more time consuming to make than should be which leads to the missing equal thickness mesh
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
We just downloaded ARCHICAD 20 yesterday and I must say I am beyond disappointed in the new look. I have a meeting today with clients and I am embarrassed by how cheap the program now looks. The new "stick figure" looking Icons look like something from a child's program not a high end program. And you can't use use a high contrast windows theme so you have to use a lower contrast theme which makes not only ARCHICAD look worse but every other program I use. I have figured that even though ARCHICAD says it won't run with the high contrast theme if you change it after you open your plan it works fine so far. But that doesn't help at all with how cheap the program now looks. I will say it again, I am embarrassed to meet with my clients this evening and them see the very unprofessional looking program I am using.