cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Adding text to object elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone point me in the right direction to add text labels to object elevations thru GDL?
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Are you trying to Label Objects in Elevation View's?
Or are you trying to show in a Label on the Floor Plan the value of the Elevation at which the Object is placed?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to add simple numbering or labeling on the elevation of cabinets. For instance, I would like the elevation of a 24" wall cabinet to have text show up in elevation the says "W24" or "WC24". Then I can coordinate it with a casework schedule for a particular room.

Thanks,

Brian
Erika Epstein
Booster
1. In the elevation, select all the cabinets.
2. Open the Settings box, and on the Listing and Labeling tab check the 'Label Object' box.
3. Deselect the cabinets, activate the label tool and select all ctrl/cmd +A with label tool active.
4. OPen the Label Selection Settings box, ctrl/cmd +T. In the upper right corner chose the option that says "ID"

5. Back in any window, one by one (or in groups of same) select the cabinets and change their ID to W24 or whatever system you want.

You can now create a schedule of cabinets using the ID as a filter.

You do similar steps to label doors and windows in section/elevation windows.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help Erika. Do you know how to hide the pointer? I'd like to just place the text on the object elevation without the pointer.

Thanks again,

Brian
Erika Epstein
Booster
There is a hide arrow box on the Pointer Tab.
If you go to the depository on the main architalk page James Murray put a label he made, you may want to investigate that one. It's free!

Itl's the Shape Label that David Pacifico modifiedhere.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Brian wrote:
/.....Do you know how to hide the pointer?
I'd like to just place the text on the object elevation without the pointer. /..
Brian,
Not sure this will answer your query, but see attached.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Brian,

I've dealt with this before. I only had a short time to work on this but I took a Window label that I scripted and adapted it to this situation. It is always going to place the label just above the cabinet (wall or base). If you want it somewhere else you will have to move it (highlight and drag). It's pretty simple as it will only show the ID. (no other options) I've made minor changes to Erika's post (to lazy to type in my own Sorry Erika) as seen below....

First, copy and paste the script below into the 2d script of a new object. Make sure the object subtype is "Label". Save it to your Archicad library as "Cabinet Label 11" (or something to your liking). Make sure it's loaded then use my "Plagerized" instructions below.

PEN 125
ADD2 -1'7 11/16"+(SYMB_A_SIZE)/2, -22"+(SYMB_Z_SIZE)
define style 'text' arial,fs,2,0
set style 'text'
TEXT2 0, 0, GLOB_ID

rrr=request("Height_of_style","text", txt_hgt)
text_hgt=txt_hgt*glob_scale/1000
TEXT_LEN=stw(GLOB_ID)*glob_scale/1000
ADD2 -(TEXT_LEN)/2, -(TEXT_HGT)

set fill 16
poly2_b 5, 2, 16, 91,
TEXT_LEN, 0, 1,
TEXT_LEN, TEXT_HGT, 1,
0, TEXT_HGT, 1,

1. In the elevation, select all the cabinets.
2. Open the Settings box, and on the Listing and Labeling tab check the 'Label Object' box.
3. Deselect the cabinets, activate the label tool and select all ctrl/cmd +A with label tool active.
4. OPen the Label Selection Settings box, ctrl/cmd +T. In the upper right corner chose the option that says "Cabinet Label 11"(or whatever name that you gave it when you saved it)
4.5 Under the "Symbol" tab make sure the "Use symbol color" and "Use symbol arrow" are both checked.
5. Back in any window, one by one (or in groups of same) select the cabinets and change their ID to W24 or whatever system you want.

This label works for me but if I've made any mistakes in explaining how to set it up for yourself (quite possible...it's getting late) hopefully someone will straighten me out.
Cabs.PNG