cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Anyone using Hotspots?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

Just trying to get an idea of what people are using the hotspot tool for, if anything? Seems like a bit of a legacy tool, but I just wonder if I'm missing something good?

Hunter.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
another one which is created by ArchiCAD is when hot spots are generated to show u an intersection point of two elements without actually getting them intersected . mmm .. not that clear ... here is a pic

lets say we have a wall , and a line and u want to see where these 2 elements intersect without stretching any ... select the wall and activate any other tool ( any tool except for wall tool ) then ( ctrl+ click the line ) , not that important because now we have guide lines
Brad Elliott
Booster
Similar to Barry I also put them on my Master Layout as a registration point for my plans so they are all located in the exact same place on the sheet. Wandering plans in a set of drawings is a pet peeve of mine.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Djordje
Ace
whatever wrote:
another one which is created by ArchiCAD is when hot spots are generated to show u an intersection point of two elements without actually getting them intersected . mmm .. not that clear ... here is a pic
///
not that important because now we have guide lines
That stay on forever and can be referenced at any time?

Forget the fashion ... know the roots.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Besides all of the layout uses, I have used them for my cut sheets that our company creates. I have tragically found that if I dimension to a point on a wall (window for example) and for whatever reason that window changes, Things disappear, and then I gotta start over . Using hot spots allows me to make static dimensions that are not truly static. I just have to double-check that my hot spots are correct, but that is a small price to pay compared to losing a whole wall worth of work . I included a screen shot of this as an example. I have a hot spot at each opening and at The log wall corners.
Similar to the use of hotspots in objects, I use them to show the origin and any other reference point in modules.

In modules you can send them together with the module geometry to the A-ANNO-GEOM layer, so as to make them show only while placing the modules or checking overall project geometry.