cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 9 is shipping in mid-September!

Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Archi-Talkers,

We are happy to announce on ArchiCAD-Talk that ArchiCAD 9 will be released in September 2004. Shipment will start with the INT, US and GER versions followed by other localized language versions over the coming months. Based on the results of extensive beta testing we are confident that this version will be the most robust version of ArchiCAD ever. Please check www.graphisoft.com for the official press release on ArchiCAD 9! And... enjoy!

Bence Kovacs
Vice President

ArchiCAD Product Management
Graphisoft
174 REPLIES 174
Jefferson
Participant
Boy! Go to work for a while and look what you miss!

"AA", think Dwight think.

oreopoulos, glad you finally got a response you're happy with.

Lennox check your mail.

I'll still buy it, especially if as Dwight posted elsewhere it comes in around $500.
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Aussie John
Newcomer
Has anyone got the quicktime demos to work? It tells me i dont have the correct compression algorithm. (I Have the latest QT and OS software)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Dwight
Newcomer
In typical obtuse Graphisoft manner, an extra, not so clearly stated at GS, is needed to run this on mac:

Ensharpen Decoder - free download

http://www.techsmith.com/download/ensharpendefault.asp?lid=DownloadEnSharpen
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
An interesting usability issue, downplaying a key issue.

My utility company recently started with a new bill design, with large grey letters in the background. One says "KEEP." The other says "SEND."

I guess a lot of folks sent the wrong part back.

Like Graphisoft should say "HEY! IT WON'T WORK IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE DOODAH!" at the beginning of the page.
Dwight Atkinson
Petros Ioannou
Booster
Djordje wrote:
Guys ... I have deadlines to meet

..... the real appreciation can come only with using it.
Beta versions worked as a demo when no hardware key was present. If this feature exists in the commercial version then this would be a more reliable tool for someone to choose to upgrade. No advertisement can be compared with a demo. It would also make sales guys life easier.
Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Djordje
Ace
oreopoulos wrote:
At last teh opinion i was waiting for.
Yes Djordje. I know its not curses nor praises affair here, but stability of a version should be the first thing one should expect from every version.
We dont buy software to be buggy , and if it is, its not a matter of a new version to fix that
If anything, 9 is not buggy. It is DEFINITELY the most stable beta I ever had the honour to test. I think it suffices to say that I managed to crash it ON PURPOSE only once?
oreopoulos wrote:
Just one question Djordje. Dont you think that implementing 15-20 more modelling stuff and postponing the release for 5-6 months is more logical?
No.

Piling "features" is like tweaking a VW Beetle towards a Porsche. Whatever you do, in the end you still have a Beetle. Not that it is a bad thing, far from it, but you don't have a Porsche.

The productivity and work environment that has been COMPLETELY overhauled now is so important a FEATURE, especially in large companies with many users and dedicated CAD management, that it far surpasses any list of single tools or tool improvements that happened. So is DWG interface, that you might not be particularly wanting, but many fof us do.

The thing is, ArchiCAD is now more a corporate product than a one man show universal tool; that feeling is very clear, and the single practitioner out there might be a bit overwhelmend by the need to do some management if he wants all the ROI.
oreopoulos wrote:
I know from coding a lot , and i suspect the code is pretty much object oriented, so implementing functions is not too much. If the code is the old top down approach then.....
Hm ... I don't know, or at least I would not state so if I were not one of the development team.

Mind you, 9 is new in a typical understated and oblique Graphisoft manner. No bells, no whistles, no frills, no icing (except LightWorks) - but oh so much quality!
oreopoulos wrote:
I am "glad" you are not sattisfied either, but i wish we were both delighted.
You misunderstood me a bit 😉

My FIRST reaction was somewhat like yours - "Oh no, 8.2345 that pretends to be 9". Then I started using it and it dawned on me. As Ben the Beta champ said, try going back to 8.1 after a time. No way!

The way is forward.

So, the bottom line:

Do NOT judge by the demos you see, the list of features, the marketing material. Upgrade, work on it. Brings the grin factor out that we forgot about during the 8 times ...

I am a crab that is never satisfied with the offering, but tend to at least try to see what the offering is all about. This is a no nonsense upgrade that addresses the real world problems, and does not pile up features, fully implemented or not, but allows you to WORK FAST AND BE PRODUCTIVE. Enough in my book.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
I did a lot of "oh, yeah!" once I got working in 9.

Very refined - not so much impressed by gross features, but reminiscent of Irix-based Sonata of 1996 with "click anywhere" element selection. Used to need Silicon Graphics power for that intensity.
Dwight Atkinson
David Collins
Advocate
Ben wrote:
I'm pretty sure, though not 100%, that Cigraph will release all of their add-ons for ArchiCAD 9.
Oh absolutely. I mean, we're talking about Fabrizio here.
My question for the beta testers was whether or not the current versions of the Cigraph add-ons would run in ArchiCAD 9.0?

When 8.0 was released in Fall 2002, it was nearly a year IIRC before Cigraph was able to release upgraded versions. For me, that's a long time to go without ArchiForma and now ArchiStair.

Obviously not Fabrizio's fault, either. I was wondering if there is a compatibility issue this time around and whether GraphiSoft able to do anything to help the third party guys make the transition faster?

David Collins
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
Dwight
Newcomer
All Cigraph add-ons are operational in 9.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
The revised ones, I mean. Get your downloading ready.
Dwight Atkinson