Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Architects today....you have NOT a clue what you speak of...

rob2218
Enthusiast
I studied architecture. Got my Masters in Architecture from a quality college in up state Florida (...go Gators!). Have worked for over 30 years in this profession. Have done buildings of all types....really I have. Have worked in over 25 offices in my lifetime...really I have. Have seen Autocad go from some bogus drafting tool to now Revit (I know, it was originally it's own company)...and the even better Archicad but you get where I'm going.

I find there are more and more architects who have NOT a clue what manure excretes out of their mouths when they constantly make the statement.....'it's just two lines, just move them"...........

Architects..........YOU no NOT what you speak of. in todays BIM world...it's a VOLUMETRIC space "WE" who operate the BIM softwares are dealing with guys.........it's not "just move two lines"......so come on architects. You know who I'm talkin bout....get with the program and give us BIM Jockeys some credit and stop making ridiculous statements such as "it's just two lines, move them" or better yet "...don't you have a button that can complete the construction document set for me?"...........the nerve.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
12 REPLIES 12
rob2218
Enthusiast
Good luck with that one.
City officials can't even wipe their *&&^ let alone operate a BIMx file on an ipad. Heck they can't even read plans for Pete's sake.
I had an (ahem) official ask me one time....."Is that a floor plan or section I'm looking at?" I mean....really?!....You are kidding me mate...aren't you?....Ridiculous...and these are the folks who are assigning the "yeahs or nays" to proposals for design and construction.....IDIOTS the lot of them.
GTR320 wrote:
Archicad can be such a powerful to use to one's advantage that really makes our lives easier and its a privilege to have such tool at our disposal. I'm at a stage where I have been trying to utilise BIMx to better communicate my designs with my clients and based on a few experiments, my clients are loving it. Some Architects should stop being arrogant with their old ways and try and get involved in the BIM world a bit more and actually know how it all works rather than asking people stupid questions like many of you have mentioned.

What annoys me even more is why do we have to send the local council a set of 2D plans in order to get an approval? why can't we just send them a BIMx-Hyper model which is easier and really try to utilise the power of this software.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218,

same thing happens here.
rob2218
Enthusiast
yes...convinced the world is run by MORONS.....i'm totally convinced of this fact.

I guess you need those morons to create work for everyone else....I suppose. But think how much more efficient the world would be if ran by the "right" folks.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23