Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Best way to design wardrobes\kitchen cabinets horizontal sec

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i would like to know which method is the best to draw the wardrobes and kitchen cabinets on a horizontal section (plan). I would like to have the horizontal view at different heights but i don't think it's possible.

Should I just draw it by hand? Or is there another method? I would like to have the look on the included picture. Also is there a way to differentiate in a section the different materials of a kitchen cabinet? For instance a fill for the handle, another for the counter and another for the handle?

And finally, is there a way to show the wardrobe and door handles on a plan? I can see them in section but not in the plan.

Thanks Luís Moreira
(And sorry for the long post)

Screen Shot 2012-02-05 at 5.05.59 PM.png
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there...
I have written longer posts myself so... dont worry!
Here's one answer..
You can show actually the cabinets in floor plan, I didnt find the knobs (handles) though.
As fas as which one is the best way.. when I was a younger archicad user I was doing it with simple lines, then I explored the library a bit longer and discovered that I can do it with the 3d elements from the library

I'm sending another one for the materials u asked..
help 001.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
luisfmoreira wrote:
. I would like to have the horizontal view at different heights but i don't think it's possible.
This one I didnt understand it..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for the quick answer and the availability!
What I mean is, I want to have an horizontal section of the cabinet at for instance the shelf height not the top counter height, so i would see the cabinet side walls in section and the cabinet top in a dashed line for instance - the objective is to show the interior of the cabinet in a plan for a cabinet map and to use in a 1:50 scale plan also.
I would like to have the horizontal view at different heights but i don't think it's possible -
Anonymous
Not applicable
This one is for the colors and the materials in elevation views, I think its quite nice, the colors that represent its material are found in menu -> Options -> Element Attributes -> materials
help 002.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im happy to help!
Yes this one is tricky there is one option that u change the height that floor plan cuts, its on menu-> Document -> Floor plan cut plane, and in the upper right box u say at what height you want the cut to be, but its not working for the cabinets, I ve just checked

If u draw a section line and the cabinets and inside selves are shown in it, you are not happy ?