Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can I get round edges on slabs ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to make a handle for a fireplace that resembles the handle on my fireplace at home. I used the polyline tool and filled it with a slab favorite. I've posted the result as an image so you can see. The edges are sharp, but I would like them rounded. Are there a way to do this?
13 REPLIES 13
Karl Ottenstein
But, you cannot get an arbitrary taper, can you?

Attached is magic wanded spline handle thingy in ArchiForma with rounded top edges (bottom could be rounded too). Jaggy is just the magic wand settings used.

Karl
handle.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl wrote:
Attached is magic wanded spline handle thingy in ArchiForma with rounded top edges
If the thingie has a planar top and bottom, then I think he could also do it with the slab he had at the start + a half round/ellipse/oval complex profile for the edge going all around, and saving the whole thing as an object.

Also since 11 I think profiled walls can be applied to curved walls, right?, so a curved wall may look better than a polygonal magic wanded wall and exactly match the curved sides in the slab. I don't remember if that is what you get with 'best match'.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that this is far to advanced for a beginner like me.
I tried to do the first advice, but no success.
I will look into the ArchiForma information, later. So thanks for the links.
I think I'll return to the beginners manual for Archicad, to learn all the easy stuff. And, then I hope I will get a chance to become more advanced in a more slow speed.
But thanks to everyone that has tried to help me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Anne,
You could try this variation (created by Daniele Raggi) of the GS slab accessory.
I think it could do the job.