BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can SEO be used in complex object???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I've a SEO question, is in what condition or element can be use SEO?
I've try subtract a sphere(object) to a slab,it's work but when I try a bottle(object) to cut the slab, it's not work, Is that bottle too complex??

Or Is any way to do if I want a hole cut in slab like bottle mould in slab,
not noly cut bottle shape in slab.

javascript:emoticon(':(') sorry I know I explain not well, but hope you guys
can understand.
THANS A LOT
23 REPLIES 23
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
tina_yi wrote:
It's me again, I've try to give the bottle thickness but still not work, how do you down the somthness? I go to 3D script to change the resol 36 to 20 , is't the way to do??
What is the source of your bottle object? Are you scripting it yourself? RESOL or TOLER might be the way to reduce the number of faces, but it depends on how the object is scripted. If there are no arcs in the script that make the object, then RESOL or TOLER will have no effect.
I made my objects with OBJECTiVE, which preserves arcs in the profile so the level of detail can be controlled in the object settings (see image).
Take a look at http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Ralph,
I do my bottle in AC add-on library tool,I think It's profile tool(because my AC is Chinese version so I'm not sure the actual name). I don't see any
parametric to do with smoothness, so I open my bottle in GDL object to chang the setting,but there is resol show only and it's not work, and I don't know how to script. So it's that mean the only way to solve the problem is to purchase OBJECiVE ??
anyway I do appreciate your help, THANKS
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
tina_yi wrote:
Hello Ralph,
I do my bottle in AC add-on library tool,I think It's profile tool(because my AC is Chinese version so I'm not sure the actual name). I don't see any
parametric to do with smoothness, so I open my bottle in GDL object to chang the setting,but there is resol show only and it's not work, and I don't know how to script.
If I remember correctly, the smoothness of a profile using the Profiler tool is controlled by the Magic Wand settings. Once the profile is created, the smoothness is fixed - best to get it right from the start. RESOL or TOLER in the script won't make any difference.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Ralph,
Thanks you don't give me up, finally it's work.
you see,Thanks a lot
01.jpg
Learn and get certified!