Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Carriage House Garage Door

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am attempting to model a door similar to the door # 206 on this web site. http://www.carriagedoor.com/design.htm

I am not having any luck with the AC9 Library.....

Any Ideas?
43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous
Not applicable
As promised, I saved a new door without the trim. and placed it in a wall.

Still Puzzled................
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Thanks, I finally figured out that part, the panels load fine under custom panels now when their name is typed in, but when I apply 3D openings, I get very strange pivot rotation behavior, I have resaved with every possible orientation, with corner of door at global (and user) 0,0,0, with middle of panel at 0,0,0, but I still keep getting panels pivoting around their centrepoints, see image, far left = bifold 4 panel, middle = double door swing, normal 'control' door to right.

This is to be a butt-glazed, bifolding door (commercial)...

Any ideas would help...

A.
D2-Custom Weirdness.jpg
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Andy, Sorry that I can not help. I am already swimming without my water wings in the deep end.... my legs have proved to be fairly strong but I am now sinking..... what a waste of time.

I am learning as I go. Frustration is now setting in.....

Now my custom door is placing it self -8'-7 33/64" from the bottom of the wall, and I can not change the value, well sometimes I can after messing around with the Parameter Heights long enough.
Now What.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, If you have followed the SAGA. I was saving the door as a binary object (Editable is default, don't know how it got changed behind my back.)

Anyway, even with this option the Wall hole should be recognized. Says Help Manual, ala Karl. Karl told me to save door as a Editable Script and that he will report this as a bug to GS.

As they say down under, cheers.
Editable.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Revisiting a good Post -

I had a Custom Garage Door that I used as a "Custom" Panel in the D1 Garage 1 door object of AC9 Library.

A new Client wants a door similar with the Glass one panel lower. Since I saved the previous door as a module (as per Karl), it was as easy as merging the Module into the plan at the Origin, editing and saving the new custom panel as a gsm.

When the revised panel with the lower glass area is substituted for the previous panel the door "shifts" from original origin. Both door objects were created with the origin at the lower left corner.

Any ideas?
New Custom Door.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Re-reading through this post I saw where I suggested going to this post for the Answer.

Just Remember to orient to 3D view to Look at the door in Elevation before selecting all and saving as an object not door.
Djordje
Ace
Jay wrote:
Both door objects were created with the origin at the lower left corner.
You ALWAYS create doors and windows, as well as the panels, on the origin (0,0,0), so that the origin is in the middle of the bottom of the d/w/p, and that the thickness of the d/w/p is in the negative z ("down").

Most of your problems look like any one of the requirements above weree not met.

Oh, and besides - do NOT use any of the parts of the d/w as the wallhole slab. Do another one, of the exact shape that you want. It will not be visible in the saved d/w.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje wrote:
You ALWAYS create doors and windows, as well as the panels, on the origin (0,0,0), so that the origin is in the middle of the bottom of the d/w/p, and that the thickness of the d/w/p is in the negative z ("down").
I take it that means 'lying flat on the ground' (in the floor plan)
do NOT use any of the parts of the d/w as the wallhole slab. Do another one, of the exact shape that you want.

A fill will do, won't it?

(I just mean to be clear so this info will be usable for newbies too - sorry if I sound otherwise)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Ace
Thomas wrote:
Djordje wrote:
I take it that means 'lying flat on the ground' (in the floor plan)
Yes, face down.
Thomas wrote:
do NOT use any of the parts of the d/w as the wallhole slab. Do another one, of the exact shape that you want.

Nope, it has to be a slab - fill is not a 3D element.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Nope, it has to be a slab - fill is not a 3D element.
Actually I often like to use a fill or polyline and drag it to the 2D script and then to the 3D script for editing. It creates cleaner code for some purposes. It's a bit more advanced technique, but worth knowing.