cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Changing Interactice Schedule units

Anonymous
Not applicable
can you chang the units that the interactive schedule uses for figuing volume of slabs?
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Go to Menu: Options>Preferences>Calculation Unit
2. Change what you need, as you need!
3. Update Calc Tables!
Karl Ottenstein
It would be nice if it were so easy in general. This is where the units SHOULD be. But, the I.S. uses some values from Calculation Units, some values from Working Units and some values from Dimensions. It is a real mess. Duane and I figured it out once, but I've forgotten which types of values get their format from where at the moment.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl you are right it's not so easy in AC! But the question was about units that uses interactive schedule to calculate volume of slabs. And just changing the units in Preferences does this well.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I am needing is to change it from Square feet to Square Yards. is this Possible?
Karl Ottenstein
jcude wrote:
What I am needing is to change it from Square feet to Square Yards. is this Possible?
Nope. Cubic yards is available as a Volume option in the Preferences, but square yards is not. Click the export to Excel button and divide by 9...

In the (way more complex) List Schemes / Database section of the Calculate menu, you can create any kind of units you need ... so could do carpet takeoff in square yards there, for example, with the math done for you. Not an option with Interactive Scheduler.

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have a List Schemes / database in my calculate menu.

Is there a way to get this there?
Karl Ottenstein
jcude wrote:
I don't have a List Schemes / database in my calculate menu.

Is there a way to get this there?
You are probably using the Standard 9 Command Layout Scheme.

If you have not had a training on changing your work environment, or have not spent an hour or two customizing it, now is a good time to learn about it in the manual. (A customized work environment must be saved if you ever want to see/use it again in the future after either a new and reset or trying a different work environment.)

To quickly see these commands, go into Options | Work Environment, then Command Layout Schemes and then select US Standard Command Layout Scheme 9, click Apply and then OK.

Karl
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Karl wrote:
jcude wrote:
Nope. Cubic yards is available as a Volume option in the Preferences, but square yards is not. Click the export to Excel button and divide by 27...
Karl
Karl, if it is square yards, should not he divide it by 9 instead of 27 in Excel?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
jcude wrote:
I don't have a List Schemes / database in my calculate menu. Is there a way to get this there?
Just to reduce time on discovering in TG
Missing Menus.jpg