cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profiles not matching

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

is there anyone that can tell me why 2 complex profiles, made from the same fill, once placed into the model, don't match anymore?
It happened the same thing to me while creating GDL objects actually:
-Modeled slabs, walls, etc.
-Created a GDL objects from them.
The fills created from the exploded slab I used to make the library part weren't matching with the original slab profile.
It happened on AC12.
Bug or something missing from my side?!
I can provide images to explain better if needed.
Thanks for reading.
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Deviz wrote:
It happened the same thing to me while creating GDL objects actually:
-Modeled slabs, walls, etc.
-Created a GDL objects from them.
The fills created from the exploded slab I used to make the library part weren't matching with the original slab profile.
Claudio:

For the created library part, check Floor Plan and Section > Cut Surfaces > Cut Fill. It is possible that the fill chosen here is overriding the fills of the original elements.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if fills have been imported via different means, and have differing ID's, as is described as a potential problem in this thread.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David,

I couldn't follow the path you've suggested cos I couldn't find the starting point 'Floor Plan and Section'.
Though my current main issue is about 2 complex profiles that don't match. They have been created from the same fill: one is solid, the other has been carved.
If you look at the attached image you know what I mean.
It looks like as if it shrank. ..how can I fix that?!

S2art,
the fill has been created twice. The first time I used the fill of the relative exploded slab and the second time simply with the magic wand over the polyline that defined the perimeter of the slab.
I then pasted that fill into the GDL object to create the 2D symbol for it.
As result, the GDL object inserted in plan had a slightly stretched (bigger along the Y axes) profile than the original fill I copied to create it.
0905-2 011.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello again,

I forgot to mention that the complex profile was associated to a wall and, after a more detailed check, I noticed that it stretched only along the Y dimension, the X was perfect.

I tried to associate the complex profiles to a beam and now they match perfectly. I solved my problem but still don't know why it was doing that as wall!?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Deviz wrote:
I couldn't follow the path you've suggested cos I couldn't find the starting point 'Floor Plan and Section'.
Its in the Floor Plan and Section panel of the dialog box for the Object (may also be accessible from the Info Box depending on the Work Environment).
Deviz wrote:
Though my current main issue is about 2 complex profiles that don't match. They have been created from the same fill: one is solid, the other has been carved.
If you look at the attached image you know what I mean.
It looks like as if it shrank. ..how can I fix that?!
It is not clear to me which elements you are referring to in your screen shot.
Deviz wrote:
I forgot to mention that the complex profile was associated to a wall and, after a more detailed check, I noticed that it stretched only along the Y dimension, the X was perfect.

I tried to associate the complex profiles to a beam and now they match perfectly. I solved my problem but still don't know why it was doing that as wall!?
I'm glad you got a solution. You will need to post screen shots of the Profile Editor windows (showing the stretch lines) and of these parts in 3D and/or section to get a better response.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you David.

I've attached the screen shots of the Profiles as requested.
The first Profile is the original I made with the shape we wanted.
The second has been a duplicate of the first which has been 'carved' here and there.

Hope it will help
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Deviz wrote:
I've attached the screen shots of the Profiles as requested.

Claudio:

The screen shots are not showing, try again.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture