Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Door Panel Size

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've created a custom door panel, or door leaf. It's 8'-0" tall. When I cut a section through it, and measure the height of the panel, it comes out to 7'-10 1/4". The casing is 1 3/4", so it seems to be including the casing in the door panel height? See attached. What is up?? I want the panel to measure 8'-0" tall, and say 8'-0" tall in the panel height setting so it's correct in the schedule.

panel copy.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
It appears that the unit you are using is sizing to the rough opening. The quick fix would be to make the unit 1 3/4" higher and (I assume) 3 1/2" wider.

If you need the nominal dimension to be the leaf size then you will probably need to use a different door unit, modify the one you are using (it might have parameters for this purpose) or make your own.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
It appears that the unit you are using is sizing to the rough opening. The quick fix would be to make the unit 1 3/4" higher and (I assume) 3 1/2" wider.
For some strange reason, the width is ok.

I will remake the unit, taller, as you suggest.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Made the unit the 1 3/4" taller, and it did nothing to the height of the leaf. Stayed the same. Says it's 8-0 and it is not.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this happen if the door is a non-custom panel?

I notice your image is showing the Sill/Threshold reveal as 3/4" thick. Could this be the cause of the discrepancy? Is this set in the reveal settings or threshold settings? The US library doors are slightly different to the INT doors so I can't check.

I can replicate the leaf size not being correct in the INT library if the threshold type is set to 'extended both sides'. The door is shortened but the the leaf height setting stays the same (in AC15 anyway).

HTH,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Does this happen if the door is a non-custom panel?

I notice your image is showing the Sill/Threshold reveal as 3/4" thick. Could this be the cause of the discrepancy?
Even if the door is a non-custom panel, it has the same problem. It seems to be taking the threshold into account. If I put in a 6" thick threshold, the 6'8" door is now 6'-2" tall.

Should this be happening?
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is still bugging me.

Put a 7'-0" tall standard door into a wall. Add a threshold (say 1 1/4" thick). The actual panel is now 6'-10 3/4" tall. So the door is not correct in section. If you are working with very tight and exacting dimensions you are going to have problems if you don't take this discrepancy/error into account. You can make the door taller (7'-1 1/4") to make up for the error, but then it shows as an incorrect size on your door schedule.

Any fixes?????
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately these Door panels have static dimensions and they are not parametric.
You could save two panels: one to use when there is a threshold, and one to use when there is no threshold.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27