Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door In Complex Wall Profile Incorrect

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have a complex wall profile that has a 4' wainscot and a ledge. When we place a door in the wall, it displays incorrectly in both the plan and 3D. In the plan view, the door frame is correct, but it doesn't cut the ledge. In 3D the door frame extends all the way to the end of the ledge. Any ideas?

Plan View.gif
17 REPLIES 17
adzik
Newcomer
Hello,

have you tried turning on the Frame Depth=Wall Depth setting under Door Frame parameters ?
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
adzik wrote:
Hello,

have you tried turning on the Frame Depth=Wall Depth setting under Door Frame parameters ?
Yes, I've tried that both ways.
Karl Ottenstein
Can you tell us what the exact name of the library part is that you are using?

Also, it would be fastest for one of us to diagnose this if you could post a zipped module if possible. Do the following: select the wall that contains the problem door. File > External Content > Save Selection as Module. Zip the resulting MOD file and attach here.

The profile (attribute) for the wall will come along with the module, but nothing much else - tiny file. Any of us can then merge your module into a default template to see what's going on.

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for looking at this - I've attached the module.
Karl Ottenstein
No joy here. Sorry.

You used non-standard library parts, but I tried standard doors and got results similar to yours even after putting the opening reference line back where it belongs in the profile. (Was out in space in the MOD.)

Better results with 12, but still had the frame floating in space - or cutting through the chair rail.

No quick ideas from me - hopefully somebody else can figure this out.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, thank you very much for looking at it.
adzik
Newcomer
Maybe just turn off casing on the door and create it manually with slabs/beams/columns.

That was the only way I could get it to work. Although I'm rather sure that in an older project I was able to achieve it without the manually added elements. If I should remember I'll let you know.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ya - I did end up turning the casing off out of frustration and manually creating the casing with fills in the section drawing.

THe other issue with this is that the door does not cut through the chair rail in the plan, so the chair rail is continuous in plan - no matter where I put the opening line in the complex profile.

Kinda frustrating.