Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door Opening line in 3D points towards hinge side, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 9,

My opening lines on doors in 3d are showing up pointing towards the door handle.

This is backwards from the convenition i know, how do I change it so it points the other direction.

(i have a bad memory, but I don't remember this being an issue in Archicad 5 thru

-Nathan Brauer
13 REPLIES 13
Nathan,

I think you're right. The Yanks have used the Australian doors for the American Version 9 Library. The problem is to be found in the Door Panel Macros. The door panels have the 3D swing oriented for the Southern Hemisphere.

Short Term Fix is to unpack an 8.1 Library and a 9 Library. The 9 Door Library contains a MACRO Folder and in here you will find door panel macros. The 9 library uses macros that are all labeled 81.

I tried a test by making a new Door Library using the 9 doors and the 81 macros. The doors are North American once again.

The 8.1 D1 wood door parts appear to be correct as is. I'm using 8.1 Build 2284 and the library is also 2284.

BTW: The North American convention is that the hinge side is the pointy part of the arrow. Being on the other side of the world, the Aussies and Kiwis and send it round the other way.

Graphisoft Bug Fixers: How do we alert you to this problem for a fix?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Djordje
Ace
Nathan wrote:
My opening lines on doors in 3d are showing up pointing towards the door handle.

This is backwards from the convenition i know, how do I change it so it points the other direction.
This is exactly by the convention I know ... so it is a convention thing.

How do you turn the screw to tighten it?

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
David Shorter
Advisor
Aaron wrote:
Nathan,

I think you're right. The Yanks have used the Australian doors for the American Version 9 Library. The problem is to be found in the Door Panel Macros. The door panels have the 3D swing oriented for the Southern Hemisphere.
Hey guys go easy on the Aussies... we are suffering an identitiy crisis. Originally we (aussies from an ex pom standpoint) used the UK system with the symbol pointing towards ....I can't remember now... then we changed (I think in the 70's (before my time here)) to use the USA system. However we didn't change in all states, I think Victoria stayed with the UK system. Then we changed again and now Queensland is the reverse of the other states. I think.
The end result is that whenever one looks at at an old drawing you have absolutely no idea where the hinge or the handle is.
Don't know why I wrote this except to show that we all have our problems.
Not easy to change the Master_GDL..... with a PLA library
Much easier to know which way to tighten a screw....
Archicad 4.1 to 28 Tech Preview. Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Stuart Smith
Enthusiast
*bump*
Updating to 9, I just encountered this. All of my doors now swing in the wrong direction in section and elevation.
Not good.
When will the Library be updated to fix this?
AC user since 8.1
aahatimo
Newcomer
the same thing has started happening with some real doors and windows parts. awnings show up as hoppers. it may have started with the new updater. btw, i have not updated from the v8 set so that may be part of the problem.
is there a preferences setting for this localised setting? one would think the us build would account for this difference.
and when are those promised libraries coming out? soon according to the tr.graphisoftus.com site.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nathan wrote:
Archicad 9,
Nathan and all,
I have fixed this problem on my doors by unpacking the ArchiCAD 9 library and making a simple edit to the "da_oplines_81.gsm" 3d script.

In the 3d script of this object comment out the first 2 transformation statements to look like the following:
!!!ADDX a
!!!MULX -1
Save the object and now all of your doors that call this macro will point to the hinge.

thanks,
Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does Anyone know if GS will be "fixing" this in the AC9 library patch. The one that will fix the MSA parts from Displaying "Use Detail Level 2".

Jay
Anonymous
Not applicable
I heard that this was fixed in a recent patch but I am all up to date and things are still facing the wrong way. Any more news on this issue?
fhedberg
Contributor
If you use Cadimage Door and Window Builder you can switch to wich ever you want....

http://www.cadimagetools.com/
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL