Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door & Window in Slanted Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey. I'm trying to make a lighthouse with slanted exterior walls and windows and doors. The windows doors work in section and 3d, but in plan I get a blue dot. When I try adjusting parameters, I get an error message. There is supposed to be a window plane setting, but I can't find it.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
A screenshot would be useful.
What library parts are you using? What is the error message that comes up? What do you mean by 'a window plane setting'?

Sorry for so many questions, but more info would be good.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The window Opening Plane setting is in the Parameters of the window tool settings, (bottom right).
Jere
Expert
Are you using complex profiles?

There was bug that didn't display windows in complex profiles in version 10. You need to update your library to fix the problem.
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all for your suggestions. I'm not sure how to do a screen shot. Found the Window Plane thing, thanks, but I get the same problem, ie: blue dot in plan. When I try to edit the blue dot, the error message is "Index value greater than array dimension @ line 158 in the Master script of the file wa_trim_us_10.gsm"

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
John,
Have you replaced the macro wa_trim_us_10.gsm with the one
written by Matthew Lohdon ? As I remember, it fixes an issue
involving composites. It is available in the Object Depository
under door and windows->windows (see image below).
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter,

The issue is with composite walls. I have no trouble with a solid wall. I will give it a try, Thanks.