Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Filling space under stairs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried with Fill Tool but got no results. I need to fill marked (with red line) space.

I tried to do something like trim to roof (trim to stairs ) and with SEO tools but neither gave me a result

hotel.jpg
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Steve,
I would love to see that architrave in a close up axo .
Thanks,
Peter Devlin
ok.

I could not find the original images, and this was done a long time ago so I don't have quick access to the final model. As you can see this one was in progress.

Also, and more importantly is that i could not find the place where i got the original ornamentation drawing from the web.

If I recall it was a fire place site. Hearth or something.

The best part for me was the grapes!

It is the only time I have ever had a good excuse to use the sphere object. You can't tell from these crude pictures but i put the little balls at different elevations too so they would have some profile.

Pretty much a waste of time for something that is never shown up close.
I only make it so it would show up in my elevations and a sketch render.
Also not worth doing because of how far away the view is.

It was just having some fun anyway.
URL=

I added this wire frame because someone said once that a wire frame is the best way to prove that it is actually 3d and in ArchiCAD.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice work Steve!

Just out of interest, what is the poly count for your ornamentation object?

It looks like you've constructed each of the 'leaves' as individual slabs when you were modelling it, is that correct?

How did you get the original outline of the ornamentation. Did you trace over a rectified photo or is it something that the 'photomodeler' program can produce automatically for you?

Cheers,

Pete.
Poly count is outrageous. I added this as a final object to generate some drawings and then deleted it. It was not useful at all in my working drawings. Just a temp. thing. Mostly for fun.

Not done with any other program. Just ArchiCAD.

If I tell you anymore about how I did it, you will just be dissapointed because it is nothing unusual at all.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Djordje
Ace
Steve,

Please refrain from posting inline images. They are too big, and slow down the browsing of the contents too much. We all appreciate your intention to clearly illustrate the examples and show your work, but please don't do it at expense of the Talkers with slower connections.

Go to a dial-up computer and try looking at this topic. You will understand.

It would be appreciated if you replaced the inline images in your posts by the inserted images.

Thanks,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
If you want to avoid SEO, you may use a cross section
in order to pick up the outline of your fill as polyline. Use the outline
of your fill to create a slab with the correct depth. And make a object
with the slab (ROTX 90 or from the camera view). When possible
I also guess it is better to avoid SEO.
regards
Jluc
Djordje wrote:
Steve,

Please refrain from posting inline images. They are too big, and slow down the browsing of the contents too much. We all appreciate your intention to clearly illustrate the examples and show your work, but please don't do it at expense of the Talkers with slower connections.

Go to a dial-up computer and try looking at this topic. You will understand.

It would be appreciated if you replaced the inline images in your posts by the inserted images.

Thanks,
Yes. I can see how that is not a good thing to do.
I certainly do not mind if the posts are deleted either.

Anonymous
Not applicable
jean-luc wrote:
Hello,
If you want to avoid SEO, you may use a cross section
in order to pick up the outline of your fill as polyline. Use the outline
of your fill to create a slab with the correct depth. And make a object
with the slab (ROTX 90 or from the camera view). When possible
I also guess it is better to avoid SEO.
regards
Jluc
or use the outline, create a fill and create a custom profile. same result as above, but maybe a bit quicker to update if your stair changes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try those ways but i'm contented with SEO 🙂