cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ghost Labels In Layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is driving me nuts! In elevation I highlight my windows. Check "Label Windows" in the settings. Highlight the labels and set them to my own window label. Sometimes when I delete or even move a window or door and wind up with the results shown in the attachment. The "Ghost" label belonged to a window that no longer exists but it stil shows up in layout. In this same file I have a door label in label that resides in the positon it was in before I moved the door. The door and it's actual label show fine. Has anyone ever seen this?

Doug

Ghost Label.PNG
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, so I've figured out how to recreate this. I've done this in AC11 and AC12. I started with a default AC Template. The steps are as follows:

In plan draw a wall within elevation boundries,
Place a window in that wall,
Drag a copy of the wall/window, place next to original,
Open elevation window looking perpendicular to the walls (I used North),
Highlight windows, in settings check "Label Window",
Back in plan, drap the copy out of the elevation boundries.

Drag that elevation onto a layout. If it does what mine does you will see the original wall/window/label and you will also see the label associated with the copied wall/window even though the actual elevation view doesn't contain the label of the copied wall.

If someone has a few minutes I would be interested to see if you come up with the same results.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Doug:

I followed your steps in AC 12, but could not reproduce the bug.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same experience before. The quicker way is redraw a new section/elevation line, copy all 2D information from old section/elevation and paste to new one. delete old section/elevation. Done.
Or try to move the section/elevation line away from the window/door and generated the section/elevation, make sure the window/door won't show in your section/elevation. Than move it back again. The ghost labels should disappear by now.
Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. Sorry so late getting back but the holiday has been pretty crazy.

David, the funny thing is that I went home that night and tried to reproduce it in versions 14, 13 and even downloaded a trial of 15. Didn't happen. Then I fired up v12 which I reproduced it in earlier and it didn't happen there either! I primarily use AC11 and can get it to happen in that version every time.

Baby Boon, Though I didn't actually try your first suggestion I did try the second to no avail. The ghost only seems to show up in layout. I have found that deleting the copied label will (sometimes) solve the problem. If it doesn't I go to the elevation and delete the original label as well then relabel it. That usually works.

From what I've seen I can make this happen every time (in AC11) on two different computers (work and home), two fully licensed AC11's in an existing work file or default AC template. I guess it's not a huge deal but if I'm designing a home a lot of times I'll make a copy off to the side to tweak the original. If I'm on a roll I may have five copies kicking around and it makes it kind of a pain to find the offending label!

Just a little strange.

Doug