cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Have a mesh that is over 239 MGB...WHAT HAPPENED?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Created a mesh that is on a steep hillside and drops down to a river. The elevation lines are 1' decending from 105 to about 43'. Saw it once in 3d, but when the thing was finished, it is huge and will not show a model. Don't know what the problem is....question....does it have to be done over?

A smaller mesh done the same way works and shows up in 3d: create mesh, space click spline lines while in the mesh tool, then give them elevations. The larger mesh will not work.

FINALLY a bug report came up; sent it; number is: 2012-02-26-22-19-36-4579

could someone check it and get back to me, am under the gun to get this project out
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This can happen if you have a huge mesh, my suggestion is complete the mesh in 2d then using the split tool chop it up into more managable sized 100m x 100metre max.

This will allow the 3d render window to render each section of mesh seperately.

This problem is even worse if you have any SEO operations working on the mesh, so slice and dice accordingly.

Hope it helps, i've had similar problems before.

Alternatively if you can the huge mesh to render just on its own then use it to great an object GSM file and then import that instead. the software treats the two differently and requires less calculations to display.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for your input. Found a way not to have to cut up the site and reassemble. Just ignored the 1' minor contours and only used contours at the 5' range, i.e. 45, 50, 55, etc. This worked, but the whole thing still takes way too long. We are talking about 1.12 acres. In older versions of ArchiCAD have created sites way bigger so this is a buggy problem in 15.

Have noticed other areas where it is slow, but this is the first time that a laptop has been used as the main computer. Haven't been able to upgrade the Mac Pro yet and the laptop may not have enough oomph for my use on this project.
741 Brookside Way Site 2282012.jpg