cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to connect floor element to zone belonging

Savino
Contributor

Hi there,

I am generating a floor finish schedule and I would Archicad to show me the belonging zone defined by the zone stamp where the element is positioned.

For example: if I have a wooden floor in the master bedroom, where I have already set up the zone stamp, I would like to see it in the schedule, automatically, in the field "zugehöriger raumname" - associated room name.

At the moment only one element works, I have tried to replicate that element, but it doesn't work everywhere which means that I have to manually type the "associate room name".

I would like to ask: what is the logic that automatically connects a slab element to a zone stamp, and what are the parameters/setting I have to control to display in the schedule the "associated room name".

It is always difficult to explain a technical issue, therefore, I hope I have provided enough information to understand the topic.

Please, let me know if I can provide more info.

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 12.31.21.png
16 REPLIES 16

Christophe and Miha,

Thank you once more for sharing these valuable information.

I have re-created the zones by following your suggestions but the schedule still doesn't perform as I would like to. 
To be clear: the schedule still doesn't show automatically the belonging zone where the specific slab is located. I still have that value-added manually.

Hello @Savino,

Did you check your zones in 3D view ? Do they touch the slabs ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Hi @Christophe Fortineau ,

I meant to say before: yes, I made sure that the zone stamp touch the ground.

Also, I do not know if this is relevant but the file lives on the cloud as I am working in Teamwork.

Archicad often offers this type of challenge and it is hard to understand the root of the problem.

Miha_M
Advisor

How do you set your floor types? By modeling a floor structure above a structural slab or by defining the floor type in the zone tool settings (no modeling)?

Could you post a screenshot of the schedule settings? Which Zone Stamp library element are you using? In the GER library I have Raumstempel DIN / ON / SIA?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

My floor types are defined by a slab element and by the zone tool, as well.

The zone stamp I am using is Raumstemple ON 25.

Thank you, Miha.

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 13.14.44.png

Your Schedule is an Element Schedule. The Related Zone Name (Zugehöriger Raumname) you are trying to read is the actual Zone Name parameter of any used Zone Stamp. The Related Zone Name is a General Listing Parameter and you can read more about it's relations here.

I have re-created your Schedule, but I couldn't resolve where you pull the "Boden" data from, so I replaced it with the Top Surface parameter. I get the Related Zone Name without any problems, but if you manipulate the Zone data there are some things you need to consider - you need to close the Schedule, update the changed zones, and then re-open the Schedule - this way the Schedule will rebuild from current Data. If you change the Zone Name parameter and just switch to the Schedule window the Schedule doesn't rebuild the changed Zone data.

As @Christophe Fortineau said, your Zone bottom surface has to border the top surface of the Floor Slab (I think it will also work if the floor slab element is within the Zone volume).

Miha_M_0-1671783561186.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Dear Miha,

I appreciate the effort you put into understanding my issue and I apologize for my delay.

However, the issue is still there in my file which, at this point, I believe is related to something greater.

In the time to come I will try to generate another file, not with Teamwork though, and see what happens.

Thanks.