Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to extrude a section along two curves

avungyerd
Contributor

Is it possible for Archicad to model a cross-sectional profile that follows a curve with two different curvatures, as shown in the image?

If so, please let me know how to do it.S__138575874.jpg

Operating system used: Windows 5030

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

There is no easy way of doing that in Archicad. There is nothing comparable to the " Sweep2" command of Rhino.

With beams you can try the tapered method, but that does only work with straight segments.

However if you are proficient in GDL you could try to give it a shot. It still won't be easy tho, my best guess would be to make tiny segments with RuledSegmented where you'd need to calculate the profile node positions by hand, or maybe you can even get away with using TubeA, depending on your profile.

But none of this is trivial. I suggest to just use Rhino and bring in the Nurbs to Archicad. That works generally quite well.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
runxel
Legend

There is no easy way of doing that in Archicad. There is nothing comparable to the " Sweep2" command of Rhino.

With beams you can try the tapered method, but that does only work with straight segments.

However if you are proficient in GDL you could try to give it a shot. It still won't be easy tho, my best guess would be to make tiny segments with RuledSegmented where you'd need to calculate the profile node positions by hand, or maybe you can even get away with using TubeA, depending on your profile.

But none of this is trivial. I suggest to just use Rhino and bring in the Nurbs to Archicad. That works generally quite well.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Lingwisyer
Guru

ArchiCAD does not like splines...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Thanks for your reply, I decided to import the modeling in Rhinoceros.

Setup info provided by author