Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Landscaping.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm a student from Turkey. I have to do some landsacping around a large housing complex like parking lots, walkways and roads. But the terrain is so slopy. I've creted the terrain with mesh but I dont know how can I put the things on this slopy mesh easily.

I'm looking for your tips to make the job easier and not boring. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein
Enable 'gravity' when you place your landscaping objects onto the mesh.
Screen Shot 2013-05-27 at 3.43.35 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK I'm gonna try it today or tomorrow. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried what you offered but I think it won't work. Because there is no gravity option for slabs. I was thinking maybe I can make the sidewalks with slab tool but you know they should be like glued to the mesh.
Karl Ottenstein
Right, only for objects. I misunderstood that you want to do hardscaping - I was thinking landscaping with plants, etc.

If you want your roads and slabs to follow the mesh, it is best for them to be made from the mesh itself. Search the forums for various posts about doing this with solid element operations.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now I followed the steps here: http://www.archicadwiki.com/SolidElementOperations

But still it isn't exactly what I want. I want the sidewalks to be elevated from the ground for like 20 cm. These steps only make it same level as the ground.

Is there any way to do it like I want it to?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now to update, after those operations, I choosed my slab and converted it to morph and now I can elevate it and it looks good.

If you have a better advice I'm open to hear, thanks
Eduardo Rolon
The trick is to have 2 Meshes. One at the correct level for the Streets and another at +20cm that you will use as operator on the rest of the slabs. Using Morph is ok if there are not that many elements or is you need more control over the items.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator