Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

MEP 27 - The New Feature that never happened

DGSketcher
Legend

Can someone from Graphisoft please step up and own the current abject failure to deliver the renewed MEP Modeller?

Today I joined the many others who have had to return to using AC26 in order to deliver on our MEP commitments.

We all pay out for GS to deliver improvements to AC, yet here we are 7 months later with a key feature broken & software we can't use. Can someone at least tell us what we can expect in terms of delivery of fixing this MEP debacle and when?

It's bad enough struggling with the 3D screen "grey outs", and the disappointment of new features that suddenly became experimental, but finding a fundamental tool is no longer useable... 🙄

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
156 REPLIES 156

I absolutely agree. This direction is fundamentally wrong, not only because it works badly, but also because it is a misery to use at all, at least for me. I have let it go. AC26 remains. the old apx, let Graphisoft make it open source. There are many smart people among the users, I'm sure in 2 days there would be a working version under AC27. Which is exactly why I don't think Graphisoft will do this.

JohnB
Contributor

Hi everyone.

I'm recently  update to hotfix 27.2.0.

In this reléase the MEP tool improve the capability to scheduling it.

But some of the rules in poder versión is missing <especific angeles for example>.

I create My own tables but only show me the dimensión, not the descripción, it has to show as in the older versions. Also, if iIchose diferente size, it show a yellow triangle and the información can not be read by the schedule tool.

Hey Balint
Section-related representation and modelling improvements: I am afraid there are still issues. Some MEP library parts are not showing at all.

MEP LIBRARY PARTS NOT SHOWING IN SECTIONSMEP LIBRARY PARTS NOT SHOWING IN SECTIONS

MEP LIBRARY PARTS NOT SHOWING IN SECTIONSMEP LIBRARY PARTS NOT SHOWING IN SECTIONS

Flexible duct-related improvements: Still it needs a lot of effort to make a Flexible duct to connect between two elements that are in different elevations.
Also I would expect that the Duct End Cap 27 would adjust its cross-section dimensions automatically to the dimensions of the duct you want to fit it into. It's an assumption I make since there is no available field where to type them. Is there something I am missing?

Screenshot 2024-02-17 221205.pngScreenshot 2024-02-17 221220.png

AC user since 2004 (Version 9)
LENOVO/ LEGION PRO 5/ 13th Gen Intel(R) CoM) i7-13700HX 2.10 GHz/ RAM 32,0 GB/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU/ Windows 11

The MEP improvements are mostly from update 27.2 which is a preview version but is available for testing.

Archicad 25, MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS Monterrey.

Thank you
I am trying to figure out which version I am runing. I downloaded and installed version 27.2.0 BUT when I hit License information it says 27.0.0 Build number 5001. If I hit Check for updates it says up-to-date.

LENOVO/ LEGION PRO 5/ 13th Gen Intel(R) CoM) i7-13700HX 2.10 GHz/ RAM 32,0 GB/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU/ Windows 11

Check the build number under About Archicad...

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 15.01.35.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 15.01.47.png

Archicad 27 ARM, MacBook Pro M3 Max 128Gb, macOS Sonoma.

It has been raised previously... https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Installation-update/New-version-references/td-p/579313

That's all I can say otherwise I may be accused of defamatory comments.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thnx. It says 5001 INT FULL
It is supposed to be the unique Build number of 27.2.0, right?

Yes, 5001 is 27.2.0

IMG_6742.jpeg

Archicad 27 ARM, MacBook Pro M3 Max 128Gb, macOS Sonoma.

I am running 27.2.0, so my objections remains raised