Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Module settings and cutting sections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I have 2 issues doing my head in...

1) My site has quite a slope to it and I have been trying to work out the best way of drawing my sections however, when I cut the section I see the mesh in the background further west on my site.

I want the section/elevation to have some depth but don't know how to show a line or fill for ground plane with build on top without having to fudge it.

I am uploading the site as a jpeg and the section.

2) The second problem is I don't know how to set the module to sit exactly where I want it to go. For example the site RL is 20m and the building height is 15m is it something like -35000? building height plus RL with a minus?

I need each module to sit at a different height and I know a way around the issue but its not as accurate as I would like to be.

Many thanks.

AJ
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, so the latest question from Adrienne is below in italics.

Hey George,

Thanks for the wall/section find module setting advice, I have taken it and have progressed to a much better place than under the earth.

The attached jpeg shows how my modules sit on the mesh and you can see a bit of the mesh intersecting the driveway part, thing is if I make a flat slab front to the drive and the stair area then a person with a car would not be able to drive from the sloping road onto the drive easily so I think the driveway has to be sloped?

I understand through using the SEO and that article (thanks) that I can cut out the top of the mesh so my building sits flat on the earth, is this the best solution do you think?

Many thanks for your time.

Adrianne
Ground plane.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is more a design issue, coupled with a bit of 'how do I do it' as well.

Firstly, from a design point of view I would accept that the private driveways are not going to be very user friendly as they are very close to the 'main driveway'(shown grey in your last image). Then you need to decide what level each and every slab is going to be for each garage. Taking sections will help.

Once you have established the levels to the tops of the slab then alter the mesh by adding points at either side and central to the garage. You can add more to make it more accurate. Then assign the height of the top of the slab (to AHD) to these points. Then add a few more points to transition from the 'main driveway'(shown grey on your image) down or up to the garage floor level along the sides of the private driveways. You are really sculpting your site here as a piece of machinery would in reality

The result on the stairs may be that you need to add or subtract a riser here or there as you have changed the contours of the site.

Hope this helps. If you need help with adding points to mesh send the question through.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks George, temporarily plodding along.