Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Photo rendering Fly-through

Llian
Advocate
Hmm, I have 11 cameras with 72 resolution for each view. How long does it take to generate the views in photorendered images? It has been like 10 mins now and still at Creating Fly-Through....help please.
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
6 REPLIES 6
Llian
Advocate
I think I just have to reduce the frames to 20 …that may help!
Lilian Seow
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Lingwisyer
Guru
Rendering time with CineRender depends a lot on how many CPU cores you have and how fast they are. When you say "72 resolution" are you talking about DPI? What is your overall resolution? Reducing that maybe better than reducing the number of frames depending on your overall scene length. Going too low will produce a jittery fly-through....

Ling.

Note: I have not used ArchiCAD's fly-through function, and am guessing that it is similar to other programs.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It will do a calculation for all frames and then start rendering. You will run out of memory fairly quickly if you are using high quality settings, which are unfortunately ussually needed for interior renders.

Do a render of a still frame (aka your 3D window) for your preferred settings, see how long that takes, multiply by your total amount of frames, add some time and there you go. It will take a long time most likely. Best to try to do it overnight.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Llian
Advocate
it takes approx 15 mins for 12 cameras at 20 frames with Cinerender.... it was faster with LIghtworks!
Lilian Seow
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you want a quick fly-through, use BIMX
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Lingwisyer
Guru
One thing to think about is where is the frames focus and do you need the detail. Once considered, you can consider splitting up your fly-through into multiple segments with different resolutions / render quality. In this way you can spend your time rendering what is important while you speed through what is less so. You will need a program to stitch them together though.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660