cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Please tell me how to make a ramp like this.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

LeeJaeYoung_0-1701467143032.png

I can't make the connection part accurately. ^^

LeeJaeYoung_0-1701491883831.png

The problem is that it is difficult to process the green line part.

AC27 on window 11
16 REPLIES 16

LeeJaeYoung_0-1701664948684.png

It is registered as an official ramp in REVIT, but I think it is not officially registered in archicad.
Various ramps are made in this form (without ramp landing), and I hope it becomes an official ramp.

AC27 on window 11
DGSketcher
Legend

The revit tool works with straight paths and landings, I'm not sure where you got that image. It could achieved with the roof tool BUT you must understand the geometry and what happens where it meets the floors. To use the roof tool the top and bottom ends of the roof / ramp need to be parallel to the roof pivot line or they won't meet the floor levels properly.

Also if the roof pivot line isn't at 90 degrees to the walking route then the surface will fall to the side of the ramp. This can be good for drainage, but too much can be a problem for walking or wheelchairs etc.

The best way to learn is to play with the roof tool. Look at the floor connections and take sections. You might then understand the problem and why your original design may be difficult to build. 

If you can't model it, then the builder might struggle to build it.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
Barry Kelly

It shouldn't be all that hard.

Flat slab for the corner landing and inclined beams or roofs for the ramps.

BarryKelly_0-1701681704232.png

You could probably even play around with the stair tool and create the ramp.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Modeling/Stair-Tool-Advanced-How-to-create-a-Ramp-using-the-Stai...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly You are 100% right with your solution but I get the impression @LeeJaeYoung doesn't want to form that flat transition.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

As you alluded to in your post, if the landing is not flat, there will have to be a lean across the width of the ramp which might not make it too comfortable to use.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

FWIW even if it is listed as a ramp in Revit doesn't mean that it is code complaint.

Cars can use it, people will find it difficult.

You can make a door that is 12" (0.3048 m) in height and width in both softwares, doesn't mean that people will fit.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Hi! late to the party, but this is how i would do it too.  The stair tool actually solves it quite nicely, but i havent found how to eliminate the steps and leave only the slabs, which would convert it effectively into a stair/ramp tool