Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

!Restored: Whatever happened to MEP package?

There was an announcement at the San Antonio Users Group last May that GS had an MEP package in beta, that was due to be released in the summer of 2007. Whatever happened to this?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
29 REPLIES 29
Djordje
Virtuoso
Alive and well in Constructor ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Djordje wrote:
Alive and well in Constructor ...
Well, I remember Laura Yanoviak writing that AC11 users were going to be getting a free copy of this, as represented by GS. Harummppfff!
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Rakela Raul
Participant
It was also promised to be free for version 11 for discontinued users of 10.....till todays date nothing..... my first GS rip.....last week mxonform discontinued after 2 months of use...my second GS rip...
recommending GS is forget it now!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Thomas Holm
Booster
Rakela wrote:
It was also promised to be free for version 11 for discontinued users of 10.....till todays date nothing..... my first GS rip.....last week mxonform discontinued after 2 months of use...my second GS rip...
This makes it all the more urgent that we get some hints about Nemetschek's longer-term plans!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
TomWaltz
Participant
Rakela wrote:
All I remember was YOU promising the MEP package. I don't ever remember any official press releases or announcements to the public about it from Graphisoft.
Tom Waltz
Thomas Holm
Booster
I think this is the original post. Perhaps Laura remembers what happened?
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=89133#89133
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rakela Raul
Participant
It really doesnt matter who said it....'the type of weapon doesnt justify the killer'
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Richard wrote:
There was an announcement at the San Antonio Users Group last May that GS had an MEP package in beta, that was due to be released in the summer of 2007. Whatever happened to this?
This is correct. As far as I know, no official press release or announcements were made, other than the one made at the San Antonio Users' Group meeting. The "promise" was inferred -- but the announcement did come from DG himself.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
TomWaltz
Participant
Rakela wrote:
It really doesnt matter who said it..'
That's how most propaganda works. People forget who said it or what the context was, just that they "heard it somewhere...."
Tom Waltz