cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Road / Driveway on uneven ground

ivorhession
Booster

Hey all,

I am trying to create roads/driveways in a model where i have uneven levels.   Ti would like to find a good way of creating these which includes the build up in the same way a roof, walls etc.

I have bodged it a few ways in the past depending on the specific circumstances but thought id ask if anyone has that works consistently. 

I can make it appear correct on the surface etc but it would be good to have a method which would show up correctly in sections etc.

Incredibly vague i know, but just something id like to have a process for rather than bodging it all the time.

Thanks in advance

Ivor

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
2 REPLIES 2

I model roads with a complex profile that includes the curbs and sidewalks if there are any.   Paint stripes as beams. when tansitions sections of the road are not a smooth enough curve, explode to morph and adjust.  once the roadway is in place you can explode it to a morph to rodate for slope.  

drawings roadways with ArchiCAD - Bing video

There are a lot of different ways to model a roadway. 

highway modeled 3d obj (turbosquid.com)  🙂   

SteveJepson_0-1694559547658.png

3D model scenes street kit - TurboSquid 1211649

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hmooslechner made some interesting objects for roads;
https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Parametric-Object-Factory/Streetparts-curve-with-bezier-geometry...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Parametric-Object-Factory/other-advanced-street-parts/cns-p/3609...

There's also a coop object somewhere around here for creating a "composite" that references a mesh.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660