Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Road / Driveway on uneven ground

ivorhession
Booster

Hey all,

I am trying to create roads/driveways in a model where i have uneven levels.   Ti would like to find a good way of creating these which includes the build up in the same way a roof, walls etc.

I have bodged it a few ways in the past depending on the specific circumstances but thought id ask if anyone has that works consistently. 

I can make it appear correct on the surface etc but it would be good to have a method which would show up correctly in sections etc.

Incredibly vague i know, but just something id like to have a process for rather than bodging it all the time.

Thanks in advance

Ivor

Ivor Hession
Principal

tóg_architecture
2 REPLIES 2

I model roads with a complex profile that includes the curbs and sidewalks if there are any.   Paint stripes as beams. when tansitions sections of the road are not a smooth enough curve, explode to morph and adjust.  once the roadway is in place you can explode it to a morph to rodate for slope.  

drawings roadways with ArchiCAD - Bing video

There are a lot of different ways to model a roadway. 

highway modeled 3d obj (turbosquid.com)  🙂   

SteveJepson_0-1694559547658.png

3D model scenes street kit - TurboSquid 1211649

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Lingwisyer
Guru

Hmooslechner made some interesting objects for roads;
https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Parametric-Object-Factory/Streetparts-curve-with-bezier-geometry...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Parametric-Object-Factory/other-advanced-street-parts/cns-p/3609...

There's also a coop object somewhere around here for creating a "composite" that references a mesh.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660