Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SEO not working for one operator only!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,
I'm quiet because I'm happy with AC. HOWEVER, here's a new one: I'm trying to SEO off the tops of my gable end walls with a roof...as you can see from the attached jpeg, one half of the roof works fine, but the other half just doesn't do anything...when I click the "execute" button with that air of finality, it thinks for a sec, and then there is no change. Did I somehow do something to my roof such that it can't act as an operator? Weird weird weird. Bizzarchicad. Any thoughts?
Thanks!!!

Picture 3.png
36 REPLIES 36
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Zobi,
Have you checked to make sure that the mis-performing roof is on the same story as the wall it's trying to trim?
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure is...it was just a rotated copy of the other, functioning half. My solution was to delete it, re-copy the functioning half and re-position it as I wanted. Worked fine, but it is still a mystery why it stopped working in the first place. thanks!
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Zobi,
Check the edges of your roof. When that has happened to me, it is usually because of one of the gable end edges not being vertical.

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott wrote:
Zobi,
Have you checked to make sure that the mis-performing roof is on the same story as the wall it's trying to trim?
Scott
This (Same Story) requirement has not been my experience with ANY SEO that I perform.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stephen wrote:
Zobi,
Check the edges of your roof. When that has happened to me, it is usually because of one of the gable end edges not being vertical.

Steve
Maybe that is a fluke too, because most of my operator Roofs have Perpendicular edges.

Zobi, In the Attachment the Wall is trimmed by One of the Roof planes. Did you Select Both of the Roof Planes as Operators?
Djordje
Ace
Zobi wrote:
as you can see from the attached jpeg, one half of the roof works fine, but the other half just doesn't do anything...
Did you try Trim to roof in 3D? Don't see a reason to use SEO on this one, except if you want to keep the trim live.

Anyway ... this should not happen. Being on the same or different stories does not matter.

Any modules in there?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Jay Garbarino wrote:
This (Same Story) requirement has not been my experience with ANY SEO that I perform.
Yes that is true. I misread Zobi's post and assumed the walls were being 'trimmed to roof'; not sure why one would use SEQ in that example/situation.

If using trim to roof then either the roof would have to be on the same story, or roof should have 'show on whatever story' parameter checked prior to executing the 'trim to roof' command.
I think....

Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Djordje
Ace
Scott wrote:
If using trim to roof then either the roof would have to be on the same story, or roof should have 'show on whatever story' parameter checked prior to executing the 'trim to roof' command.
I think....
Nope.

The wall has to go throught the roof. And you should do it in 3D.

That's all ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Djordje wrote:
The wall has to go through the roof. And you should do it in 3D.
I totally agree, but that's the condition Zobi showed in the initial attachment (wall going through roof). I was more interested in why SEO was chosen instead of Trim to Roof to perform the operation. That's all.
Thanks D.