Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab plan with story above showing as a "ghost" image?

rob2218
Enthusiast
See attached but basically here's what we are trying to accomplish:
1. we have a "Slab plan" which shows the foundation walls and the slab.
2. then we need to show the story above which is called the "Main floor Plan" as a "background" (ghosted-grey) image so we can see the openings.

How can this best be accomplished?
Layer Combos? Penset for two different viewmaps on the same sheet?
Transparent viewmap properties?

Any help would be appreciated.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can do it with one view map easily. It's not as "ghosted", just really thin lines control with line weights, but works ok.

In DataCAD we just assigned a certain color line to a "screen pen" in our plotter and it was done.
rob2218
Enthusiast
We'll have to chat more on this matter.
Got your PM.
expect a call from me (cell has FL number - I've it for over 18 years) in the next few days or so.

thanks,
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
You will probably end up using the two drawings in a Layout method. Because printing a Trace Reverence will always print out a full intensity no matter how you have it set.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

rob2218
Enthusiast
hummm....thought that if you controlled the "trace intensity" you could get away with a very light background image....oh well.
Maybe in AC19
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
sinceV6
Advocate
Hello.

Another way to have a ghosted view as simple as possible if you don't want to fiddle with pen sets:
(you will need to make the main view transparent using model view options, so that no fills hide the ghosted plan)

Place both views in a layout. Main in foreground, ghosted in background.
Place a 75% solid fill (white foreground, transparent background) with no borders in between (using "bring forward" or "send backward")

Need a different level of opacity or "ghost effect"? Just change to a different % fill (50%, 90%)

It's quite a simple solution, but if you want/need certain colors, you'll need a pen set.

Best regards.