Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Transparent materials and wall handover problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone! I have two building walls, one that is transparent and produces a wrong display when it comes in contact with another wall.
Here's a GIF demo.
thank you for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Bruce
Advisor
My guess would be because the transparent material has a higher priority than the brick. Try giving the brick material a higher priority...
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Barry Kelly
Rather than two separate walls (they will always try to trim each other automatically), can you use a composite wall.
Your composite skin can be a transparent material and it is much better to have one wall rather then two or more walls running parallel.

I think you can even select both wall and choose to save as a composite wall (right mouse click option? - I don't have Archicad in front of me at the moment).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Cool GIF. I think this is the first one I have noticed in an ArchiCAD Talk Forum post.

If you need to keep the walls as separate skins for one reasons or another, keep them on different Layers so you can use the different Layer Intersect Numbers to control their intersection. If two elements are both set to intersection group 0 they will not intersect.

The Building Intersect Priority number is for the standard situation you probably want to maintain in other places and for future use. The Layer Intersect Number is something you can use to control element intersections per unique Layer Combinations.
2018-01-05_9-38-14.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25