cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Understanding Bulgarian Windows, Doors, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can I find the complete definition for what the words in AC 10's library mean ? And, how to use the settings to achieve even the standard West Coast Architecture elements. The process appears to be overly complex and the terms and conditons for Windows, Doors, etc. settings in the dialogue boxes often appear to interrelate with others..... I would never guess what to do to achieve a specific result....even after 35 years as a practicing architect.

Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
hungarian. and the terms used aren't: they've been developed with the help of users from the US, UK, australia, etc. so shouldn't be too far removed from what you're used to. it's not too much of a leap of the imagination to get from 'casing' to 'trim' to . . .
I would never guess what to do to achieve a specific result....even after 35 years as a practicing architect.
your problem is not with the terminology. it's with the fact that the door/window objects (the most complex in the library) simply aren't written well. i did suggest several months ago that the GDL developers go spend a day with a joiner to understand how the various components of timber doors and windows are put together.

i don't think they listened. maybe they don't speak bulgarian either

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
i did suggest several months ago that the GDL developers go spend a day with a joiner to understand how the various components of timber doors and windows are put together.

i don't think they listened. maybe they don't speak bulgarian either
Or maybe they should talk to me . . . but I don't think they would pay my expenses let alone my rates. It would be nice if they at least knew the difference between a muntin and a mullion. But then I don't speak Bulgarian or Hungarian.