cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall closure - Empty doors & windows

Thinus
Contributor

Good day 

Working with cavity walls and placing windows & doors it's easy to have cavity skins return at the openings, but is there a way to have any sort of closure when you use empty doors/windows or even the opening tool? How can I close these openings please?

Thinus_1-1677248891606.png

Thank you in advance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Yves
Advocate

With the window opening object

Capture d’écran 2023-02-24.png

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13

View solution in original post

Solution
BrunoH
Expert

Use the Objects from the "Empty Door Opening 26" folder, 2 lines above in your image.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Yves
Advocate

With the window opening object

Capture d’écran 2023-02-24.png

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13
Solution
BrunoH
Expert

Use the Objects from the "Empty Door Opening 26" folder, 2 lines above in your image.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Thank you very much - I didn't realize that it's different to use an empty door/window opening rather that changing a door or window to "use as empty opening". This works great and I appreciate your time and advice. 

Thank you so much - I didn't realize that it's different to use an empty door/window opening rather that changing a door or window to "use as empty opening". This works great and I appreciate your time and advice.