Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall shows where it souldn't

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone !

I have a problem that's driving me crazy. I'm modeling my first project with Archicad and it's quite complex.

Here is the floor plan.

See the wall next to the couch on the left ? Well it shouldn't appear on this plan because it has been cut as you can see here in 3D

Do you have any idea on how to fix this ?

Also, in this section, there's a line that shouldn't be there as well, between the wall and the triangular form. Do you know how to hide it ?

Thanks !
11 REPLIES 11
NandoMogollon
Expert
Hi

I think the issue is related to Solid Element Operations (SEO).
When you perform SEO to Walls, i.e cutting them, the walls will still be shown entirely in floor plan ignoring the SEO. The reason is that the floor plan View of the Wall is somewhat symbolic.

To fix the problem you can:
1. Morph the Wall - make it a morph with the magic wand.
2. keep using walls, but split the walls so that you have one piece at each level

Either option will work.

Regards
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with Nando, keep in mind though that if you turn your wall into morph,
you cannot add windows / doors anymore, at least not with the same way that you would and you cannot go back from morph to wall.
Barry Kelly
Anestis wrote:
I agree with Nando, keep in mind though that if you turn your wall into morph,
you cannot add windows / doors anymore, at least not with the same way that you would and you cannot go back from morph to wall.
And for those playing along at home the "not the same way" is to cut a hole in you morph the same size as the door or window that you want to put in.
then add a wall the same size and position as the hole and then add your door/window to that wall.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,
To be completely honest, I didn't quite understood that workflow.
The way I do it, is creating every SEO I want, in the wall, add windows/doors etc, finalizing my design and after I am (almost ;P) sure that no further editing is needed, I convert the wall to morph.
And then I try to make the lines, at the points where the morph-wall joins the rest of the walls. Usually I use fills, I don't really enjoy working this way, but the final display is correct.
Cheers
Barry Kelly
Sure do as much work on the wall as you can so you have less to do as a morph.
But if you convert it with the doors and windows in it then they become part of the morph and will be hard to manipulate.
Also you might have to do a bit more 2D work to make them look decent.

All I was saying is that once you have turned a wall into a morph then it is a simple task to cut a hole in it, insert a wall (any wall type) and then add a door or window.
They are still objects so easy to manipulate - you might have to stretch/move the morph hole and wall to suit.
And they still look as intended in the floor plan just like all your other doors and windows.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now I understad!Thank you for the reply, I am going to give this method a shot!
Why cut the hole first and then add the wall?wouldn't it work if the wall was the actual boolean operator on the morph's SEO?so you can move the window/door and the hole at the same time.
Barry Kelly
Anestis wrote:
Why cut the hole first and then add the wall?wouldn't it work if the wall was the actual boolean operator on the morph's SEO?so you can move the window/door and the hole at the same time.
Sure you can use the wall for an SEO but that would depend on what you have done to the morph.
If you have made the morph wall thicker or added a batter to it then you might find the wall will not SEO a complete hole through the morph unless you make the wall extra thick.
But a wall as an SEO makes sense because as you say you can move the wall, hole and window all in one go if needed.

I was just thinking of cutting a clean hole all the way through the morph by drawing a morph polygon on the front surface and then pushing the new polygon surface through the morph to create the hole.
Especially if your window is not rectangular.

You could still place a small wall and insert the window into this (the window can be bigger than the wall and of any shape).
Then position this where you want and use it to trace the polygon surface on the front of the morph - select that surface and push the hole through.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys for the answers.

However, if I change the wall to a morph or if I split it, a line is going to appear on the roof plan showing it is divided while it is actually not.

That thing really is a nightmare ! However, I don't understand why but the wall doesn't appear in the 3D floor plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right,
walls cannot be joined with morphs,they are different tools, meaning that you will get a nasty line between them.
Could you please highlight the problem area and possibly upload to a site with no add pop ups?like imgur?or even better attach it to the post itself.