Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls on hidden layers intersecting with visible walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is something horrible that ArchiCAD does and it makes no sense to me, I have about 10 different marketing options on the same set of floor plans that divide up an office space into various different layouts. I have done this using dedicated layers for all the walls unique to a particular marketing layout and layer combinations saved into views to display the various options.

The trouble is, the walls on hidden layers are intersecting with the visible walls and producing gaps, blank triangles on corners and all sorts of horrible display glitches. I cannot find any way around this other than not having all the plan options over the top of each other. This severely limits the functionality of the layering system.

Is there a secret to this that I'm not aware of? My boss is talking about doing construction plans in 2D if this can't be sorted, even though I've said I will take out the marketing options for the construction issue, the point is, things like this make him lose confidence in the program and want to 'run home to mummy' i.e. draft in an AutoCAD style like he, and many of his ilk, are used to. I have point blank refused to work on plans using lines to draw walls, doors etc. but there's a recession on and having integrity can be harmful to one's mortgage repayments. Please help.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You must change the Layer Intersection Priority values in Layers Dialog Window.
See the page 163 in the AC14 Reference Guide.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
andro55 wrote:
You must change the Layer Intersection Priority values in Layers Dialog Window.
See the page 163 in the AC14 Reference Guide.pdf
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! I knew about layer intersection priorities 10 years ago but had dismissed them in this instance as I thought it would override my wall composite skin priorities; No, they are all fine. Thank you!
Have you tried using Modules for the different options ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow , thanks man for the answer!
This issue was really bothering me for a long time.
I now know how to set the intersection priority of the layers!

Thanks again!