Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Which buttons switch from "hand pan" to "arrow"?

rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm stuck folks...it seems that from time to time...I'm touching or toggling a combination of key strokes that switches my selection icon from an "arrow" to a "hand pan" tool? I'm not sure what I'm pressing when I cause this to happen but it's annoying as heck...and I'm having trouble getting it back to standard "arrow" selection icon.
I know it's somewhere on the left side of the keyboard. somewhere when I inadvertantly hit the "tiddle key" or the "tab key" or the "ctrl+esp" or tildy combo...but I just can't seem to figure out WHICH of these key strokes and combo keystrokes I'm causing to switch the arrow selection icon to a hand icon...please anyone...help.

Arrow-to-Hand-keystroke.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for your responses. Good to hear we're not the only ones. Frustrating that there doesn't appear to be a "reasonable" answer, it's definitely workable with all the above buy irritating. Does anyone else find that? We do all of those things too was just hoping there was some simple answer that would stop it forever! 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable
I expect it's an IO anomaly like how pet palette selections don't always take and despite the appearance of changing are still on the previous command. As I understand it these sorts of things can be very difficult to sort out as they typically involve coordinating input and display driver behaviors with executable code and user interrupts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this exact issue:
I am a PC user, and use two keyboard settings, one for writing in English and one for Spanish. Normally the task bar presents you with a reminder as to which keyboard is in use. BUT, it is a on again off again deal. Any change of program (check your email or browse for an online detail) and even some internal AC process will reset the keyboard setting.

Anyway, two bad things happen, the hand vs arrow tool problem and also the right hand alt key is inactivated or sometimes changed into the equivalent of a combined Alt+Ctrl. EXTREMELY frustrating.

THE FIX: I finally decided to remove the extra keyboard from my control panel settings and all is well in mouseland again.
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Guys,

does any of you have Logitech Control Center or the Logitech driver installed? I was running a similar investigation here at GRAPHISOFT where the feedback was gone while performing a pan during an input.

What we found out was that if the driver was installed somehow an end signal did not reach ArchiCAD, as a result the cursor stuck in pan mode and the visual feedback was waiting for the pan to be finished.

We have found a workaround for such situations, which is now out with ArchiCAD 17, but I am wondering maybe something like this happens in different situations.

Marton
Marton Kiss
Chief Product Officer
GRAPHISOFT
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've installed logitech drivers after the problem started occuring to see if that would fix it. I'll try uninstalling them, as I don't use any of the features. Will respond if that has any affect in ArchiCAD 15 or 16 (mostly using those at the moment).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've uninstalled the logitech drivers + software. Currently running microsoft HID-compliant mouse driver 21-6-2006 6.1.7600.16385.

I'm using a logitecht MX 400 performance laser mouse.

The problem is still occuring for me in ArchiCAD 15. I haven't tried ArchiCAD 16 yet.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5