cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window / Door Dimension Marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC 11 I've got trouble how save my customized settings for the dimension marker in the door or window settings, so that I won't have to change the default settings everytime I change the window or door type in a project. How can I do that?

Thanks Rasmus
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's strange. The door & window markers should retain their settings regardless of the door or window selected. I just checked in 11 and it is working fine for me.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is indeed strange, if I choose one type of window and "calibrates" my dimension marker in the window settings pane, it returns to the default settings, when I choose another type of window. AC dosen't seem to store my settings, and I can't store them myself.
(I've posted a screenshot of the windowsettings if thats any help.)

Maybe its the "input" side of the monitor that's lacking.....🙂

Regards
Rasmus
Dimension marker.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see. I thought you meant that the selected marker was changing. You mean the marker settings are returning to their default. I have used custom markers (that require no settings) for so long I hadn't seen what you describe. You are right the marker settings return to their defaults when a different door or window is selected.

The simplest fix is to open the marker and save a copy with the defaults set as you want them. Make sure that you change the name to avoid confusion.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot, for your effort, i'll try it ASAP.

/Rasmus