Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window Line Weight @ Wall Intersection AC10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have looked everywhere for a way to control the line weight of the intersection of Library 10 window / door with it's wall. There is this heavy line drawn at the intersection of wall. As per drawing. I can't get rid of it.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Untitled-2.jpg
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
The line weight for it is set to one (1). I can find no way to change it other than tweaking my penset....
Anonymous
Not applicable
What window(s) are you using?

The heavy line is clearly being drawn by the window symbol. There should be a way to control this in the window settings dialog.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It occurs on all AC10 library doors and windows.

It is linked to pen #1 but I can find no settting to control it. I have looked through every window / door setting I can think of. And even some that I can't...

To no avail.
__archiben
Booster
g.h.design wrote:
It is linked to pen #1 but I can find no settting to control it. I have looked through every window / door setting I can think of. And even some that I can't...
have you tried the 'Cut Line Pen' under the 'Floor Plan and Section' panel of the settings dialogue?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have located where the problem is. It is the symbol line pen. If I turn off "Enable Object's Pens" all the line weights unify and the heavy line goes away. I can't find a single, seperate setting for that line alone...

Not in any of the parameter settings. I have tried changing them all.
Seems like maybe the pen is written to #1 permanently in the script as long as "Enable Object's Pens" is toggled on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
have you tried the 'Cut Line Pen' under the 'Floor Plan and Section' panel of the settings dialogue?

~/archiben
Yeah, tried that. It's the Object's Pen setting. I think it is a bug. Can you replicate the problem? It pops up even if I start a new file using all Archicad defaults...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I have located where the problem is. It is the symbol line pen. If I turn off "Enable Object's Pens" all the line weights unify and the heavy line goes away. I can't find a single, seperate setting for that line alone...
I don't think that's the problem unfortunately. What you are looking for is the contour functionality that we had in our AC9 Library windows. It seems that the functionality disappeared with the SE9 Library.

I guess turning off the object's pens is the best workaround... around.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
g.h.design wrote:
It occurs on all AC10 library doors and windows.
I can't get it to happen on any of the AC10 windows I have tried. Has anyone else reproduced this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try setting the 2d plan view pens to a lighter weight than .30 mm and a color other than black and then you may see it.

If you can't replicate it then there must be a setting somewhere for it. I just can't find it.