cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window Mullions not showing in Elevation and Section views

Anonymous
Not applicable
Window Mullions not showing in Elevation and Section views.
Vectorial 3D Hatching is Checked

CropperCapture[7].jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Elevation View
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a PLN brought forward from Version AC10 and contains AC10 Windows and the Mullions are showing in the Elevation and Section Views of this PLN. It is the AC14 Windows that seem "Broken".
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you enable Transparency for the Elevation and regenerate it, are the Mullions visible?

I recall having similar problems a long time ago. The problem there was that the glass of the Window was scripted to be too thick and it became thicker than the thickness of the mullion, thereby overlapping it. Therefore in hidden line view the mullion did not show, only in wireframe or when transparency was used.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
First thought was "This is great", "A simple Solution". And , Laz, I do thank you, but the unintended Conscuince which you may have forseen is the Display of teh Walls and Objects opposite the window openings. My Quick View Layer combination has most of the INterior Off, but now I set my Elevation Settings to Limited Horizontal Range and adjust it. Depending on the Roof and other surfaces to be displayed in the Elevation view this may also now require that I place "Fake" blank walls behind some of the Windows and create yet another layer.

May just be easier (Although not "real-life" to have the Mullion Thickness match the Glass thickness, and go back to Transparency un-checked.

When might, in other cases, Transparency be a good option to check?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you not adjust the thickness of the glass and/or glazing bars (mullions) if this is indeed the problem?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I knew transparency would bring out that problem. I actually did not intend this as a solution, but rather a step toward finding out the exact nature of the problem.
I believe that the solution will be what s2art wrote: edit the 3d script of the problematic windows to decrease the thickness of the glass or increase the thickness of the mullions.

Normally I do not have Transparency check myself because of this exact same reason: things start to show that mess up the elevation. So I always have it turned off in such cases.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the option that I have chosen, as I stated by saying
"Jay Garbarino"]...

May just be easier (Although not "real-life") to have the Mullion Thickness match the Glass thickness, and go back to Transparency un-checked. ...
Erika Epstein
Booster
Jay,
The section/elevation tool settings have changed, and possibly the 14 door/windows don't work with the 10 s/e? Can you place a new elev marker and test this?

Alternatively can you shorten the depth of the s/e so you are not seeing all the way through the house; not sure if this will solve problems or create new ones.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"