Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window and door id in elevations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Is is possible to automatically show the door and window ID number in sections and elevations in ArchiCAD 8.1?

Also is it possible to alter the ID numbers so they start at 01 not 00.

And thirdly while I am on a roll ..... is it possible to have the ID numbers increase in a direction around the building rather than the order in which they were placed (Automatically rather than manually).

Thank you for your time .... as you can see I am trying to speed up working drawings.
12 REPLIES 12
Aussie John
Newcomer
Yes. select the door/winodw in elevation and select label checkbox in info pallette.
yes put 01 in ID box first
no
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks John ..... works a treat.

Now is there a way to automatically center the ID to the window and remove the arrow pointer?

I can see that the next few lunch times will be spent reading through some past posts ... very interesting .... well done all.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Michael, you need to find a different type of label from your library (or make one, the labels are basically library parts which calls the ID number).
To change the label select the actual label ( it can be tricky finding the hotspot) and look in the label setting for the label type.

To set a default label for the window or door double click the label tool and select the window type and then the label you wish to use. Do again for the door (or any other element). Its is a clunky way to do things and it puts a lot of people off the method.
Cheers John
[/size]
Karl Ottenstein
Michael wrote:
You can also renumber the ID of elements on a massive scale using the Element ID Manager (EIDM) under the Calculate menu. You can set criteria for the ordering of the elements based on various parameters (such as window width/height), but not the position in the plan.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Michael wrote:

You can also renumber the ID of elements on a massive scale using the Element ID Manager (EIDM) under the Calculate menu. You can set criteria for the ordering of the elements based on various parameters (such as window width/height), but not the position in the plan.

Karl

If you select Windows or Doors and ask that they be numbered individually, the element ID manager will number them in the order in which they were selected. If you click on the "ID Format" tab, you can choose the starting number.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all .... I'm back again.

The advice that has been provided has worked really well until now.

I have just started on a new project, I have been able to auto number all windows and doors on the floor plans .... and alter the ID numbers.

The problem with this job is when I show labels on the elevation I get the standard arrow but when I click on the label the info box tells me that the layer is missing. The hot spots around the label when it is clicked are grey, not the standard solid black. If I change the layer via the info box it keeps springing back to missing. If I go into the label selection settings I can change the layer but the "ok" button is greyed out. I have tried to change the label to no effect.

I hope somebody can help .... Thank you again.
Aussie John
Newcomer
Before you apply the labels double click on the toolbox labels icon. Select the door icon and and set the layer as appropriate (and any other settings you wish).
Close this off then select your elvation doors and select label door ( if already labeled deselect and select again.

This is the flakiest part of labels as the settings can revert to defaults from one work session to the next. Once applied though the label should stick.
Cheers John
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much Aussie John. It has fixed the problem.
Back to work now

Thanks again ... have a good day.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone following this topic still? Is there a particular Label Object that people find the best and easiest. We typically (which is quite usual in Australia) have the number say W15 in a circle or hexagon. And do you then also use the label tool in the plan for consistency or stick with one of the markers. It must be one that its position relative to the window is editable.