Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window/doors do not show in Custom Profile Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a custom profile wall. Simply perpendicular but with soffit, framing etc.

The windows and doors disappear in plan. They convert to a blue dot? I'm not sure what I've done incorrectly.

I'm in Arch 10 on a mac.

Thanks,

Kurt
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much.

The oppening reference always goes back to the full limits.

Any ideas as to why that might occur?

I will be upgrading soon.
Karl Ottenstein
Kurt wrote:
Thank you so much.

The oppening reference always goes back to the full limits.

Any ideas as to why that might occur?
You're welcome. Are you sure that you deleted the two semi-invisible opening lines as shown - with the opening reference layer selected - and then drew two new lines - verifying that the line tool showed 'opening reference' as the active layer? And then clicked 'store' (or 'save' / whatever it is)?

I did all of the work below in AC 10, so it is odd that it worked for me...?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done what you've said I think.

I'm missing something I think.... I thought I've followed everything.

I'm a professor in an architecture school so sometimes it takes me a while to get back to my own work.

I want to teach this but still struggle with some of these issues.

I've attached where I'm at.
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Kurt,

Sorry that I may have steered you slightly in the wrong direction on this one with my comment about the opening lines being aligned with the core. (Although you have your sheathing and siding flagged as 'core' in your profile. Should not be - but in 10, this only affects the 'dimension to core' capability.)

I'm pretty sure that when I tested before I did put the lines at the faces of the stud wall, but that seems to cause the frame to stick out of the wall opening strangely now. If I move the opening lines to the outer faces of the main vertical wall of your profile, all is fine.

I did see that your MOD file was saved by build 815 of AC 10. You should update to build 1188 ASAP via the Help Menu > Check for Updates... Probably a newer library there too. You can confirm the build version of your installed AC by going to the Help > About ArchiCAD screen.

Since the edu version is free, I hope you'll use 12 EDU when you teach, since there are tons of bug fixes since 10 there.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I still need to learn how to set the core. Actually I do usually dimension to face and let the contractor back it out so maybe leaving it as the core is best.

I am waiting to upgrade my computer prior to getting 12.

I will be teaching both archicadd and Auto cadd although I am growing to like archicad better.

I will try your suggestions. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way, I've not been really happy or very impressed with local archicadd training so I'm having to figure all this stuff out with the help of those on this website. In a bit of a vacuum.

thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have got to be the most dense person when it comes to profiles.

It is still not showing in plan at all.

What in the ________ can I be doing wrong.

Could it be a problem with the library on my computer?