cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window opening/ wall ends

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I insert a window opening into a wall, the end lines of the walls are missing (see image 1). Is there a setting I can use to acheive the results of image 2
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
That window appears to be an empty window.
If it is then the first parameter "Wall Contours"
controls the visibility of the sides and sill lines.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks,

I gave it a go, but when I do that the sill in the distance thickens as well. Is there a way to define a thickness for the sill in the distance, and also a line thickness for the wall ends>
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Olivia,
Are you using an empty window as Peter guessed? If not, let us know which window you are using so we can try it and let you know.
Olivia wrote:
Thanks,

I gave it a go, but when I do that the sill in the distance thickens as well. Is there a way to define a thickness for the sill in the distance, and also a line thickness for the wall ends>
If it is an Emply opening, the sill pen is the "Symbol Pen" within the Parameters panel. The end lines of the wall "inherit" the cut pen of the wall.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks again for replies.
I am using an empty opening. I have used a symbol pen with a .13mm thickness. I have my wall cut line pen set at .35mm, which gives the outerskin of the walls the correct thickness, but the ends (where the jam of the window is) does not inherit the same pen thickness. It inherits the symbol pen thickness of the window. Is there a setting I'm missing?
Olivia wrote:
I have my wall cut line pen set at .35mm
Where do you have this set? Within the "Floor Plan and Section" Panel, under "Cut Surfaces"?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004