Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

You can upload more materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can upload more materials, from which website, etc. In all the versions that have followed each other over the years, are there always the same materials? Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
Giovannino60 wrote:
are there always the same materials

The default Australian template changed a whole lot of materials as well as the naming conventions used when it went from AC22 to 23... My guess is that some new person was in charge of it...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
Giovannino60,
I have moved this post because you posted it in the wrong section (Archicad+) which is for discussing Archicad - not actual problems.

I moved it to 'Working in Archicad' as I thought that would be the best section, I guess it could have also been in the 'Presentation' section or possibly 'Construction Documentation' as it is more about attributes.

The surfaces (materials) that come standard with he Archicad template have probably been the same for many years, maybe with a few new ones added form time to time.
Sometimes the local distributor of Archicad will create their own template and may include different surfaces.
I have no idea what your local distributor provides.
If you have a Select service Agreement with you local distributor, you should have access to an 'Additional Surface Catalogue'.

Otherwise if you go into the surface settings and choose 'New From Catalogue', you should be able to browse into the library provided with Archicad and there will be a 'Surface Catalogue' that will give you many more preset surface materials.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this the command you were talking to me about? But when I get here, how do I proceed to load the entire list of siperifics and not just one surface at a time? Thank you
Barry Kelly
That is it.
It will create one new material at a time.

The only way to add multiple surfaces at one time is with the Attribute Manager.
You will need access to a PLN file (or purposely save attribute file) that has different surfaces than you already have.
You can get these attributes from any PLN file that you can get your hands on.
I am not aware of any web resources where someone has saved a file specifically for surface materials.

You can create your own surfaces if you don’t want to use those in the catalogue.
Or use those an then modify them to your needs.

A word of warning.
If you are going to start creating new surfaces (or any other attributes come to that) you will need to be careful with the attribute index numbers.
You ideally want each attribute to have a different (unique) number to all the others and you want to keep these numbers the same across all of your files if you intend to copy and paste between files or use hotline modules.
Attribute management can get rather messy.
There are many posts in this forum on the subject.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
runxel
Legend
There is a another way, even.
With the surface painter you can search for surfaces, even if they are in the additional catalog. You can then load them with a single click. I actually enjoy that one.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
runxel wrote:
With the surface patiner you can search for surfaces, even if they are in the additional catalog. You can then load them with a single click. I actually enjoy that one.
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand your procedure, are you suggesting another one, different from the one I put in the attached image?
Stress Co_
Advisor
Giovannino60 wrote:
runxel wrote:
With the surface patiner you can search for surfaces, even if they are in the additional catalog. You can then load them with a single click. I actually enjoy that one.
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand your procedure, are you suggesting another one, different from the one I put in the attached image?
Window> Palettes> Surface painter:
The Globe icon tells you that it is in an available additional catalog,
but not yet loaded.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)