Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

element attribute display

Anonymous
Not applicable
can someone explain to me how to get the elements to display in section but not in plan. for example: i have wood frame exterior walls built up of drywall, 2x6 stud, ply sheathing, air space, finish siding. i've made the ply and stud, core elements and everything else finish elements. i made the ply a core element so that in plan the wall is 6" thick, because in section i need the studs to be 5 1/2" thick. the problem is that the ply fill is showing up in plan. also, i thought the core elements would be the snap point, not the finish. do i have to set an offset for the elements i don't want to snap to?
wb
ok, i just found that i have one wall using complex elements and the elements don't show on plan, but i can't see any difference between the settings on this one and the others
1 REPLY 1
Dave Seabury
Advocate
Bob,

Here is how i handled the fill issue. I have a pen set for sections, in this set there is a dedicated pen for plywood fills. Lets say its a blue color. I have a duplicate of this pen set for the floor plans. In this pen set the blue pen is white so the fill does not show. I build all my walls with the face of stud on the origin, so that becomes the snap/reference point.

Hope that helps

David
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB