cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

help! Roof on freeform shape

Anonymous
Not applicable
looking to put a roof on this, not sure how or where to start, originally wanted to have a sort of corrugated metal roof.... any ideas?
22 REPLIES 22
Dwight
Newcomer
1: Flat roof!
2: leave roof open - pretend is nudist colony fence
3: Use magic wand with auto-polyroof tool for slopes that follow the wall edges - will be wacky just like your plan. See attachment for the tool button.
4: extend walls to twice height, make single slope roof as you like and "trim to roof" for the walls.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
And yes, a metal roof would work.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
1: Flat roof!
2: leave roof open - pretend is nudist colony fence
3: Use magic wand with auto-polyroof tool for slopes that follow the wall edges - will be wacky just like your plan. See attachment for the tool button.
4: extend walls to twice height, make single slope roof as you like and "trim to roof" for the walls.
which is the magic wand and also auto-polyroof?

below is exaclty what im looking for!

and thanks, 🙂
Dwight
Newcomer
Arched complex profile wall and SEO to extended walls gives you some outside shelter.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
arched complex profile wall trimmed with SEO to slab outline
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
trimmed perpendicular - no new command necessary since SEO's stay live when the arch is rotated.
arched complex profile trimmed the other way.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
trimmed perpendicular - no new command necessary since SEO's stay live when the arch is rotated.
that last one looks good, now you have me thinking!
i have done the first type with a smaller incline angle of 20 which i quite like, nut i like the idea of the last thing you just showed, what is the process to achieve that??
Anonymous
Not applicable
joeish wrote:
Dwight wrote:
that last one looks good, now you have me thinking!
i have done the first type with a smaller incline angle of 20 which i quite like, nut i like the idea of the last thing you just showed, what is the process to achieve that??
how do i, Arched complex profile wall and SEO?
Anonymous
Not applicable
i understand the complex profile part and have just tried doing that, but how do i draw a curve that will be accepted as a complex profile?

thanks