Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

hide detail boundary

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again

How do I hide the detail boundary in the detail window, but still show it in the source view, and so it stays hidden even if I rebuild detail from source view.?

Thanks in advance.

Mat
8 REPLIES 8
__archiben
Booster
mat wrote:
How do I hide the detail boundary in the detail window, but still show it in the source view, and so it stays hidden even if I rebuild detail from source view.?
the detail boundary and the detail marker boundary are two different things . . .

display the marker boundary in the source view and to show/hide the detail boundary globally throughout the project:

archicad 10 - 'element display settings' . . . 'show/hide detail boundary'
archicad 9 - 'display options' . . . 'show/hide detail boundary'

in archicad 9 the detail boundary gets saved with the view although it is an on-screen display option only (no output). in archicad 10 it's been taken out of the view settings for that reason and is a global element display setting throughout the project.

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good afternoon

I must be stupid...wher is "element display settings"

Time for coffee.

Thanks, Mat
__archiben
Booster
mat wrote:
I must be stupid...wher is "element display settings"
sorry mate - my bad! i've modified my menus so much that i'd re-named that one! in archicad 10 it can be found under View>On-Screen View Options when using the standard profile . . .

it would be really helpful if you put your archicad version, build number and platform in a signature file in your profile - much like mine below. that way people would be able to help you quicker too.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mate
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Archiben

Here's the picture to describe my problem;
__archiben
Booster
that's a 2D polyline created when the detail is created to show the clipping outline. probably useful if you've made an extremely irregular polygonal-shaped detail, but i agree that it's normally an extraneous element.

i'm afraid you'll have to manually delete it. it'll probably come back if you re-build from source too . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
SeaGeoff
Ace
Once true, but no longer. There is a new project preference (as of ArchiCAD 10) that gives you the option to create the detail boundary or not.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
__archiben
Booster
Geoff wrote:
Once true, but no longer.
thanks geoff. good to know!

ben
b e n f r o s t