cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

hide detail boundary

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again

How do I hide the detail boundary in the detail window, but still show it in the source view, and so it stays hidden even if I rebuild detail from source view.?

Thanks in advance.

Mat
8 REPLIES 8
__archiben
Booster
mat wrote:
How do I hide the detail boundary in the detail window, but still show it in the source view, and so it stays hidden even if I rebuild detail from source view.?
the detail boundary and the detail marker boundary are two different things . . .

display the marker boundary in the source view and to show/hide the detail boundary globally throughout the project:

archicad 10 - 'element display settings' . . . 'show/hide detail boundary'
archicad 9 - 'display options' . . . 'show/hide detail boundary'

in archicad 9 the detail boundary gets saved with the view although it is an on-screen display option only (no output). in archicad 10 it's been taken out of the view settings for that reason and is a global element display setting throughout the project.

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good afternoon

I must be stupid...wher is "element display settings"

Time for coffee.

Thanks, Mat
__archiben
Booster
mat wrote:
I must be stupid...wher is "element display settings"
sorry mate - my bad! i've modified my menus so much that i'd re-named that one! in archicad 10 it can be found under View>On-Screen View Options when using the standard profile . . .

it would be really helpful if you put your archicad version, build number and platform in a signature file in your profile - much like mine below. that way people would be able to help you quicker too.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mate
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Archiben

Here's the picture to describe my problem;
__archiben
Booster
that's a 2D polyline created when the detail is created to show the clipping outline. probably useful if you've made an extremely irregular polygonal-shaped detail, but i agree that it's normally an extraneous element.

i'm afraid you'll have to manually delete it. it'll probably come back if you re-build from source too . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
SeaGeoff
Ace
Once true, but no longer. There is a new project preference (as of ArchiCAD 10) that gives you the option to create the detail boundary or not.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
__archiben
Booster
Geoff wrote:
Once true, but no longer.
thanks geoff. good to know!

ben
b e n f r o s t