Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

mep AC25 vs mep 28 the winner is AC25

Ismael Gonzalez
Contributor

"Try to do what you see in the video in Archicad 28, it's that simple, this is what I did in Archicad 25 without any problem.

Quickly place an Accessory in line turn it and move your key and take the line with controlled degrees all at once. Archicad must give its users the option to keep using Ac25's MEP while they fix all the errors of 26/27/28." 

(Translation from Eduardo Rolon, below.  Reminder:  Only English posts are allowed in this Community.]

INTENTA HACER LO QUE VES EN EL VIDEO EN ARCHICAD 28, ASI DE SENCILLO, ESTO QUE HACIA ARCHICAD 25 SIN NINGUN PROBLEMA
COLOCAR RAPIDAMENTE UN ACCESORIO EN LINEA GIRARLO Y MOVER SU LLAVE Y LLEVAR LA LINEA CON GRADOS CONTROLADOS TODO A LA VEZ. ARCHICAD DEBE PLANTEAR A LOS CONSUMIDORES LA POSIBILIDAD DE ELEGIR QUEDARSE CON EL MEP DEL 25 MIENTRAS CORRIGEN TODO LOS ERRORES DEL 26/27/28

Operating system used: Windows 11

7 REPLIES 7
Eduardo Rolon

Por favor escribe en inglés.

This is an english language forum.

Translation:

"Try to do what you see in the video in Archicad 28, it's that simple, this is what I did in Archicad 25 without any problem.

Quickly place an Accessory in line turn it and move your key and take the line with controlled degrees all at once. Archicad must give its users the option to keep using Ac25's MEP while they fix all the errors of 26/27/28."

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Patrick M
Advisor

yeah, seeing a LOT of deficiencies in the AC27/28 MEP tools

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Wait,....

.....the MEP tool is STILL broken?

Geez!!

How many versions do they need to get it right?

And to think that they're marketing it as one of the highlight "new" tools for version 28 (...........again).

So technically it's not even an "upgrade" as they're selling it.

It's a LITERAL downgrade from the MEP tools in versions 25-26 if those versions of the tool can outperform this latest iteration of it.

And this is the kind of thing that Graphisoft wants to force all users into a Subscription-only license model?

Good grief, Charlie Brown!!

Well yes, you can't even place accessories in line or rotate them and most of the objects in libraries are not modified to work and connect and their rotating parameters and others do not work, the toilets do not connect and a long etc etc I have made entire factories of more than 40,000 m2 with AC25 with this new tool from AC28 it would not be possible.

JJMARQUEZ
Booster

Hola,
The MEP for AC5 and AC26 is the same. See if this helps you to continue working with AC27/28.

https://youtu.be/sSzi-MvIt0E?si=vqIJodeGxDb2FxUb&t=1798

Un saludo.

The AC26 Mep was the worst of all, where the failures of mep graphisoft began, it is to introduce even more problems by mixing versions, and when you want to share with other users in team everything goes to **beep**, I don't think the user should try to correct the errors of graphisoft, right?

JJMARQUEZ
Booster

Hola,

I have no errors in MEP 26 when using Bimcloud. And I assure you that it is the same as MEP 25.
I have not responded to you to solve the problem for GS. I have written to you so that you have an alternative to continue working with AC27/28 without suffering the problems that their MEPs have.

Un saludo.

Setup info provided by author