cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

moving door tags

Tom Krowka
Booster
What makes the door tags movable in both dimension on the plan. I go to the green diamond hotspot, select it, move the tag, and it either disappears and shows up back in its original spot, or won't move in the direction I want it to.

All doors have the same tag, yet some will move, some won't. I can't seem to find the control for moving them.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may not be terribly helpful, as I'm a brand new user (and on version eight) but to move my door tags, in the "door selection settings" I click the "dimension marker" option, then "geometry" then set the "marker position" or "offset" to what I want.

Good Luck!
Tom Krowka
Booster
That does work, but I want to move them with one click on the plan.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
TomWaltz
Participant
I know sometimes the "stretchy" hotspots do not actually stretch the way you want them to. I can't say why, but have seen it sometimes. I always thought it was a bug in Archicad, not the object itself.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I know sometimes the "stretchy" hotspots do not actually stretch the way you want them to. I can't say why, but have seen it sometimes. I always thought it was a bug in Archicad, not the object itself.
I've always been able to get them to work properly, but it is sometimes very tricky. The GDL is particularly complicated in things like door keys and detail markers.

I think it is not quite a bug, but more of a combined problem. GDL should be easier and more consistent, and library parts should be more carefully tested before being put into service. Both are MUCH easier said than done though.
Tom Krowka
Booster
It seems I'm starting to get a list of things that don't work like they should, or can't figure out how to work them.

Moving the door tag location on plan.
Module creation takes all the layers from the original plan, not just the selected layers.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Don't know if this will help, but I've found that if the door tag stops being movable, I can use the pet palette to switch to "drag" mode, then back to "stretch" and I can then move the tag again. However, you only get one shot at it and then have do the changing pet palette mode thing once more. Very annoying, but at least you can get the movability reactivated. This behavior occurs with GS Doors, as well as third-party doors, so I suspect it is an AC bug. HTH-
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Karl Ottenstein
I found this behavior (markers not properly dragging) to appear if I had my preference setting for pet palettes set to one of 'prefered position' or 'follow cursor'. Can't recall which. Switching to the other preference unlocked things. Worth a try? Since build 2045, I haven't noticed this happening anymore.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl, I don't know how you managed to figure out the connection, but "Jump to preferred position" definitely helps! (BTW, I'm on 2045, so it's still there.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10