Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

off set

Anonymous
Not applicable
can ArchiCAD do Offset just like AutoCAD?
20 REPLIES 20
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Or if you want to offset a copy, just use your magic wand.

Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! That's good to know, too. now, I know how to copy faster :lol:
I have more problem with the offset in sertain demantion. The line will even longer or shoter, but with same curve. Sorry of my poor English.
Djordje
Virtuoso
ashley wrote:
I have more problem with the offset in sertain demantion. The line will even longer or shoter, but with same curve.
Type r and input the offset value when you start offsetting.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you! this is gonna to save lots of my time :lol:
Anonymous
Not applicable
We're having problems offsetting a spline. We've also drawn it as a polyline with curves and it still won't offset. That nifty offset in the pet palette doesn't come up with all of the tools unfortunately. Sometimes it just gives you the option to offset one side at a time. The only thing we've gotten to work is to explode the spline or polyline into arcs and offset each arc individually. This takes forever and is a little cumbersome because an arc offset seems to be by its radius so you have to know the starting radius and then add whatever you want to offset.

Has anyone been able to offset a spline or a curvy polyline?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Amanda wrote:
We're having problems offsetting a spline. We've also drawn it as a polyline with curves and it still won't offset. That nifty offset in the pet palette doesn't come up with all of the tools unfortunately. Sometimes it just gives you the option to offset one side at a time. The only thing we've gotten to work is to explode the spline or polyline into arcs and offset each arc individually. This takes forever and is a little cumbersome because an arc offset seems to be by its radius so you have to know the starting radius and then add whatever you want to offset.

Has anyone been able to offset a spline or a curvy polyline?
I have no trouble offsetting a polyline. Select the polyline tool, select the offset button, and space bar click on the spline or polyline.

Remember that the distance you can offset the line will be constrained by the radius of the smallest arc.

The attached image shows a polyline offset to the left of a spline (left) and to the right off another polyline (right)

In the center is the strange result of offsetting a spline (red) to another spline.
Djordje
Virtuoso
Amanda wrote:
We're having problems offsetting a spline. We've also drawn it as a polyline with curves and it still won't offset.
Screenshot? Can you send a zipped MOD?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I still have problem offset the spline line. It only let me drag the original. I try to click ctrl to make a copy, but it doesn't work. Here is what I did, please tell me what I did wrong.

I click polyline line tool--> select the spline line that I want to make a copy--> blick parallel botton--> hold down ctrl key and set up A and R and drag
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a screenshot of the spline we tried to offset. Making it a polyline didn't work either.
Anonymous
Not applicable
screenshot